Caribe Deck Balcony

ED49404

Are the Caribe deck balconies on the Caribbean Princess 9 X 9? Thank you!

In preparing to book Caribbean Princess Cruise this afternoon (July 20, 2016), we telephoned Princess. Regarding Caribe Deck Balcony Size, we were told that "regular balconies" are 8'X4' (32 Sq Ft); while, the Caribe Deck balconies are 8'X9' or 72 Sq Ft.

In preparing to book Caribbean Princess Cruise this afternoon (July 20, 2016), we telephoned Princess. Regarding Caribe Deck Balcony Size, we were told that "regular balconies" are 8'X4' (32 Sq Ft); while, the Caribe Deck balconies are 8'X9' or 72 Sq Ft.
The information you received is incorrect [emoji848] Regular balconies are nominally 9'x5' (45 sq ft) and Caribe deck balconies are nominally 9'x9' (81 sq ft). I'm one of those people who actually brought a tape measure to verify the dimensions [emoji33][emoji33] Edited by IECalCruiser

There may have been lounge chairs on balconies but that was before the Star fire. We were on the Star in C743 with the post fire all white furniture. There were two high backed reclining chairs with ottomans. With the ottoman it was a fair approximation of a lounge chair. Add a table and that is the current standard Caribe deck balcony furniture. However on the Star and other ships there were two low back chairs that have been lost with the conversion to the uncomfortable blue webbed aluminum frame furniture.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know the size of the Caribe balconies on Regal? Are they bigger than other decks balcony?

No...most balconies are 9'x4' on all decks except for the midship bump out section's decks, aft facing & a few located at the front of the ship which are larger.

Getting conflicting information...is it a larger balcony or the standard smaller balcony? Thanks for help clarifying! Anyone have pictures?

C735 shows a standard 9'x4' balcony but Caribe 740 to 743 are aft facing & show a larger balcony.

In these photos you can view where C735 is located on the right side of some photos & two cabins forward of suite C739.

Hi Brian,

I think the Baja Deck aft is the only deck that doesn't get to 'split' that space between the cabins like the ones above them, but it appears B739 still has a relatively deep balcony. Here are a few annotated pictures from the 'Everything' thread showing the aft facing balconies:

8957384058_5fd2c6f569_b.jpg

9391397190_06541f215d_b.jpg

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

If you look at the deck plans, all of the balconies cabins indicate that they are 222 sq ft. But, if you click on a specific Caribe balcony you get the following information:

Stateroom Number: C729

Type: Balcony

Category: BD

Deck: 10 (Caribe)

Bath Type: Shower

Connecting Room: N/A

Total Size: 250 sq. ft.

vs. an Aloha category BD:

Stateroom Number: A721

Deck: 12 (Aloha)

Connecting Room: A719

Total Size: 222 sq. ft.

So it does appear that the Caribe balcony is bigger. Since we've booked it, just hoping to verify :)

Edited by jonesmen

If you look at the deck plans, all of the balconies cabins indicate that they are 222 sq ft. But, if you click on a specific Caribe balcony you get the following information:

So it does appear that the Caribe balcony is bigger. Since we've booked it, just hoping to verify :)

No, the website is wrong. On the Regal, Caribe 729 is not an aft-facing cabin, so its balcony size is just the same as the one on Aloha, 9x4. On the sides of the ship, only cabins that are midship have larger balconies, as you can see clearly on the deck plans.

No, the website is wrong. On the Regal, Caribe 729 is not an aft-facing cabin, so its balcony size is just the same as the one on Aloha, 9x4. On the sides of the ship, only cabins that are midship have larger balconies, as you can see clearly on the deck plans.
i've read on the boards that on other ships the balconies on Caribe are bigger than other decks (2X the size). That what started me thinking of the Caribe balconies on Regal.
The cabin size on the deck plan is WRONG. There are many errors on the deck plans. Except in the bump out section midship, the true aft cabins and a few cabins forward on Emerald, Marina and Lido decks, all mini-suite and balcony cabin balconies are 9' x 4' [emoji27]

There is hope for the future as Caribe sized balconies will be added to the Majestic and hopefully the 2019 and 2020 new builds. Those cabins are actually on Dolphin deck forward and aft of the lifeboats [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

No...most balconies are 9'x4' on all decks except for the midship bump out section's decks, aft facing & a few located at the front of the ship which are larger.

i've read on the boards that on other ships the balconies on Caribe are bigger than other decks (2X the size). That what started me thinking of the Caribe balconies on Regal.

Not on Royal-class ships because the sides of the ship are vertical (except for those I posted) and are not the tiered sides like on many other Princess ships.

Not on Royal-class ships because the sides of the ship are vertical (except for those I posted) and are not the tiered sides like on many other Princess ships.
Frank, see my post above. On the Majestic forward and aft of the lifeboats the layer cake balconies have returned only the uncovered balcony mini-suites are on Emerald deck and the "Caribe deck" balconies are on Dolphin deck.

Frank, see my post above. On the Majestic forward and aft of the lifeboats the layer cake balconies have returned only the uncovered balcony mini-suites are on Emerald deck and the "Caribe deck" balconies are on Dolphin deck.

Thanks Brian...did you get one of the larger balconies for your Spring cruise?

Oh well...little balcony better than no balcony. Besides we will be on a New England / Canada cruise. Might be a little cold out there anyway. But I know me, ...I'll put on a sweater and have my coffee and afternoon drink out there anyway. Lol.

Since this was the information along with port charges, tax, etc. that you get when you select a cabin to book, you assume the information is correct. This isn't a huge deal for us, but we did switch our two cabins because we thought we were getting a liitle more space.

Oh well...little balcony better than no balcony. Besides we will be on a New England / Canada cruise. Might be a little cold out there anyway. But I know me, ...I'll put on a sweater and have my coffee and afternoon drink out there anyway. Lol.

Then just like me you should be able to enjoy your balcony. ;)

The balcony was about 20% smaller than standard size balconies on other Princess ships. We didn't get much balcony time on both of our October NE/Canada cruises (Grand-class ships) due to rain, cold and a port intensive itinerary. We even enjoyed another UBD on our balcony but that was during an October sailaway from Barcelona & much nicer weather than can be expected in NE/Canada.

At the top of this forum is a sticky with 3,000+ photos of the Regal & here's a link to standard balcony cabins including a 360° view.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Brian...did you get one of the larger balconies for your Spring cruise?
They charge a premium for those Dolphin deck deluxe balconies as the are Cat D4. On the Regal we had a deluxe balcony with even a larger balcony, E109 with a balcony over 10' deep but a metal railing. This time we want to check out a regular balcony cabin so we booked another new cabin on the Majestic, E118 that has an even larger balcony than E109 and a standard glass railing and it is only a Cat BF cabin. On our cruise the Cat D4's are $250/person more expensive than the Cat BF's [emoji2]

Edited by IECalCruiser

They charge a premium for those Dolphin deck deluxe balconies as the are Cat D4. On the Regal we had a deluxe balcony with even a larger balcony, E109 with a balcony over 10' deep but a metal railing. This time we want to check out a regular balcony cabin so we booked another new cabin on the Majestic, E118 that has an even larger balcony than E109 and a standard glass railing and it is only a Cat BF cabin. On our cruise the Cat D4's are $250/person more expensive than the Cat BF's [emoji2]

I knew that you're research would result in discovering the most cost-effective cabin for you...have a great cruise. :)

It'll be interesting to read your comparisons to the Royal/Regal although with the Majestic going to China it's probably nothing we'll ever experience. It might give us some insight into what may be changed on the other future Royal-class ships.