Caribe Deck Balcony

ED49404

DW and I will be on the Caribbean Princess and was wondering what the layout of the Caribe Deck balcony will be.

We were on it many years ago and had 2 lounge chairs, 2 chairs, and 1 table. We were wondering if it is the same now.

We've been on several Princess ships on the Caribe deck and never had a lounge chair on any of them. We had 2 chairs, 2 foot stools and 1 table. The foot stools IMHO are worthless pieces of furniture and take up room. We stack them over in the corner the whole cruise.

It'll be the same! Enjoy! :)

I haven't had 2 loungers, 2 chairs & a larger table in several years on our Caribe deck balconies. Instead we've had the same setup as 'elliair' and had to use our footstools as a low seat when having guests visit us. The table was much smaller & not very usable and pretty much only for drinks & a small plate. It's a shame that with such a large balcony that Princess got cheap & they only have 2 chairs. :(

Have they recently added 2 additional places to sit?

We've been on several Princess ships on the Caribe deck and never had a lounge chair on any of them. We had 2 chairs, 2 foot stools and 1 table. The foot stools IMHO are worthless pieces of furniture and take up room. We stack them over in the corner the whole cruise.
Edited by Astro Flyer

No lounge chairs.

Thanks everyone for your input. It has been many years since we sailed on the Caribbean Princess. I believe it was the 2nd or 3rd year it first sailed. The best part were the lounge chairs - we enjoyed sitting on them in the afternoon with a drink and getting ready for dinner.

Thanks again for all of your info...

As others have said, no loungers. But, the backs of the chairs do recline in the same manner as loungers (with a number of "notches" on the back). That, when combined with the footstool, can approximate the experience. It's not perfect, but I've been able to enjoy myself and get a little sun on our Caribe Deck balconies in this manner.

Here's a picture:

ls_zpsvvg54yfg.jpg

That itty-bitty table, on the other hand .... :rolleyes:

And when I found that picture above, I stumbled across a photo of the original balcony furniture. Ah, the good ol' days .... :)

caribebalcony2forCC_zps2ey62jxl.jpg

As others have said, no loungers. But, the backs of the chairs do recline in the same manner as loungers (with a number of "notches" on the back). That, when combined with the footstool, can approximate the experience. It's not perfect, but I've been able to enjoy myself and get a little sun on our Caribe Deck balconies in this manner.

Here's a picture:

ls_zpsvvg54yfg.jpg

That itty-bitty table, on the other hand .... :rolleyes:

And when I found that picture above, I stumbled across a photo of the original balcony furniture. Ah, the good ol' days .... :)

caribebalcony2forCC_zps2ey62jxl.jpg

Those were great until Princess got cheap & eliminated them. :(

To have the same setup on the larger Caribe balconies as on smaller balconies is ridiculous.

We've booked a Caribe deck balcony on Crown. It's described as a Deluxe Balcony but what are the differences (if any) between that and an ordinary Balcony?

Looking at the Crown's deck plan a "Premium" Balcony is for popular aft facing balcony cabins & are more expensive.

Have they added a Deluxe category to some of the Caribe deck cabins...maybe midship?

Edited by Astro Flyer

Twice the size.

All of the Caribe deck balconies on most ships are nearly twice the size but the Crown's deck plan from the 2016-2017 Cruise Atlas only shows aft facing cabins as "Premium". Those deck plans do not show a "Deluxe" category but that may have been added to the online deck plans.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I may be dreaming, but I think I remember having two lounge chairs on the corner aft cabin on the Caribe deck (cabin C752 with the larger aft balcony.) All of the side Caribe balconies have had two chairs, two footstools, and a table, as shown in the pictures. I wish the footstools were the same height as the seats to the chairs so that at least our legs wouldn't drop off.

Edited by Mackenzie1

Those were great until Princess got cheap & eliminated them. :(

To have the same setup on the larger Caribe balconies as on smaller balconies is ridiculous.

Thanks for the info and photos. I thought there were two chairs, but these will be still a lot better than what on a smaller balcony.

• 4 months later...

Like dey say, when given lemons, make lemonade. Duct tape da footstool to da chair, get extra towels to fill in da gap. Lay down other towels. Get sig other to apply sunscreen. Get cold drink, layback and enjoy.Princess can go cheap, but if you think around da problem, mo betta.

Aloha