Quiet places to read on the Valor?

DramamineGirl

You can go to the Library.

You can sit outside on the upper decks along the sides of the ship. You can't hear the music but you enjoy the breeze. I always read on the deck above the pool , I head for the side with shade. I usually only read for a short while as I tend to fall asleep; it's just so relaxing!

Outdoor Promenade on Deck three is always relaxing, and shaded.

Another vote for the outdoor promenade area. NO traffic at all. Serenity level would be a second, but it still gets kind of noisy up there. You can hear the music and activities from the pool.

We cruise exclusively during busy k-12 spring break times (we work in schools), and Serenity has always been good for us. Last year on the Ecstasy there was someone bent out of shape about a child on the deck (it's adults only), but since she was doing exactly what I was doing--sitting quietly with her nose in a book--I had zero problem with it.

Just don't try to "save" yourself a seat. If you practice your non-party personality anything like we do, we get up early, head to Serenity, and hang out there all day on sea days. I don't think it's "chair hogging" if your butt is in the chair the whole time! We take turns retrieving food and drink, so our stuff is never abandoned. I prefer quiet/the sounds of the ocean, but I do carry my phone with headphones for a little music in case it does get loud.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I enjoyed reading outside on Deck 3, accessed off the Atrium, and inside on Deck 5 (Promenade Deck). The chairs and sofas between the Java Cafe and the Lindy Hop are very comfortable. The Illiad Library is a possibility, but it is a small space and card and board games may be going on.

I'm not a party girl . . would like to just read and maybe watch the world go by. What are my options for a (relatively) quiet calm area (besides my shared cabin)? Thanks!

The lounges on the non smoking side of deck 10 between the 2 wind breaks are usually quiet. I tend to settle closer to the aft, there's sliding glass doors to Fish and Chips there that have beverage dispensers, restrooms and elevators nearby.