All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Laurie, stunning pictures of you & DH & your girls. He had the three best looking ladies in the hall.

We went to the North Pole (amusement park) to visit Santa on Saturday (it was 12). We normally go in Sep & riding some of the rides (ferris wheel) was a bit brisk. Here's a couple of pictures d93128e05f77495dc2971baf9cb3c14b.jpg0f6c2d09b09e396c43b95a2c408a3506.jpg5a7175fb8095081c6424e4e0d95ddb0b.jpg0a05225c74f6650970db6503f86346a9.jpg

Snow coming in again tomorrow

Hope everyone traveling gets to their destination safely. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Melody, I love the pictures. Sometimes, dealing with the cold is easier with good company. We had as bit more snow last night but it was nothing major.

I'm sure there is more snow on the way. At least that is what I heard.

The Nutcracker was wonderful. My daughter both insisted that the Russian ballet would be best and we weren't disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

It's fun to see photos!

I finished wrapping all the presents and got all my clothes out that I'm going to pack. We have 8 days plus two travel days, and we have a washer/dryer in our unit, so I'm planning to re-wear most things.

I'm taking two sweaters, two tanks, four tshirts, four lightweight long-sleeved shirts for evenings, two skorts, one pair of ankle pants, and one pair of capris. Two sets of workout clothes because Zumba Sarasota is awesome and I hope to get some classes in. Two swimsuits just in case. One rash guard for kayaking. No dresses! We're not planning anything fancy, and we'll probably spend a lot of time at my sister's new house, which has a pool.

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done and doing my pedicure. Unfortunately I have to go to work on Wednesday for meetings, so the rest of the week is now super busy with a full day of stuff on Thursday and the office party on Friday.

I can't wait to walk on the beach! :D

Thanks, Sally, I've been watching the forecast and I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing! We may be flying out in some snow, but as long as we get there eventually I'll take it. :)

My toes are sporting Vinylux in Sugared Spice:

polish.jpg.0da9b9984ccd86d79352f312412fa1d1.jpg

Margaret, I love these. You did way better than I did...mine were from Pier One and were much more expensive. I better get some of these while I can!

I love the nail color too. How long will you be in Florida again? I have a lot of trouble getting a manicure to last. Pedicures will last a vacation though.

Right after the holidays, I'm going to dive right in to my cruise planning. I really look forward to it.

For those of you that have stayed in tampa, have you ever stayed at the Intercontinental? I booked my hotel and air fare through RCI this time.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

For those of you that have stayed in tampa, have you ever stayed at the Intercontinental? I booked my hotel and air fare through RCI this time.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

The intercontinental changed hands and it is now the Westshore Grand Hotel . Is is across from the Westshore Mall which has several restaurants .

Too funny Margaret! I have the same polish on my nails. Melody

I wish I had your beautiful nails, mine are so short. But I love this color!

Laurie, I got my lights at Bed Bath Beyond and they were $7.99, I think. Even though we'll be away for the holidays, I did finally put up our tabletop tree. It already has a few presents under it. :)

Edited by MJC

Sally, I was just reading about the hotel changing hands. If it's across the street from eateries and shopping, I'm a happy girl. :) I know that the last time we were in Tampa, we were near a waterfront area. We were in the city and I wasn't sure I really liked the area much at first. But we walked down to the corner, took a left, and realized it was an ideal location.

I booked everything through RCI for this particular trip though, and the Intercontinental is where they booked us. I am going to make sure I follow up on this, to be sure our reservations are still situated.

It's snowing here. A lot. As in zero visibility. This kind of stuff is normal winter weather for us, but I don't think I will ever get comfortable driving in it. And you know, we are definitely expected to treat it as normal. School do close at times, but businesses remain open. My daughter is currently working at the mall, and she'll be there until 10:30 because the store closes at 10:00. The airport is pretty much closed up, but I guess we're still supposed to go shopping, lol. I'm gonna bet she gets home and says that they hardly had one single person there all night.

I'll just be happy when she is home safely.

Sally, I'm wondering what your favorite local restaurants are. I have to say we have our routine favorites, but I'd like to try some new things this time. Do you remember The Summerhouse? We used to have at least one special night out there every vacation. I think it was my favorite restaurant in the whole world. So beautiful.

I wish we had Sweet Tomatoes up here. Since we usually arrive at lunchtime, we head there first for lunch before we check in. DH is like a kid again with the yogurt machine. :)

I should have taken photos of my clothes, but they're rolled and packed in their cubes already. Maybe when I get there, if I remember!

Laurie, stay safe. We saw on our news how much snow you're getting

Our grandson from CA called me tonight & asked if we could pick him up at the airport the day after Christmas. He's flying in to surprise his Dad (using his own money). I don't know too many 16 yr olds that would do that. So very proud of him. Worst part is I can't tell his Dad he's coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Laurie, I hope your daughter got home safely last night. We are expecting snow and ice tonight but nothing like you guys get up there.

I popped into L&T yesterday for my Clinique and it was surprising to see the resort collections coming out already. I don't remember if I posted this already, but the colors for spring are not EARTH-friendly at all:

https://www.pantone.com/fashion-color-report-spring-2017

The only one I could see working for me at all might be Niagara. I can see Anita in Kale, possibly. I wonder what the FIRE ladies think?

Margaret , The Summerhouse was also my favorite restaurant . It was so romantic . Like you we have a lot of favorites but none I would really recommend . The Beach House on Anna Marie Island is finishing up their renovations so they are offering a buy one get one . It is a lovely setting right on the Gulf .The offer is on their web site and good until Dec.21. Since we actually live on the border of Sarasota & Bradenton we do frequent Anna Marie Island restaurants but I also love to go downtown Sarasota and try one of the new restaurants . My favorite restaurant in St. Armen's is the Columbia .

Edited by Sailor_Sally

Anna Maria is a bit of a hike for us. A visit to FL isn't complete without a girls' lunch at Columbia and some shopping at St. Armands! We used to like Two Senoritas downtown but the food has gotten so bland. :(

Saturday morning in NYC on the way to the airport

Sunday morning in FL from our balcony :)

Sunday night on my way to my sister's house with Middle Sister wine in one of my favorite Lucky Brand shirts (because I'm a middle sister)

smallsnow.jpg.d665789379278c7f37f5fe8b8217c7e5.jpg

smallbeach.jpg.ef8c45e38e5b46a77799d39f7d77314e.jpg

smallmiddlesister.jpg.4668645151586a2965c203ac2fd9c4eb.jpg

Edited by MJC
add info

Melody, when I first saw your picture, it was just a quick glance at my phone. I thought to myself, who's hands and feet are sticking up through the snow? LOL! I really need to make sure I'm wearing my glasses, don't I?

I probably won't be back on to the forum until after Christmas, so I wish everyone a very happy holiday, no matter what you celebrate.

You can bet that I will be posting photos of cruise outfits in the near future!