Royal - deck 10 fwd - noise warning

crznfuls

Just got off the Royal yesterday. We had an inside stateroom on deck 10 forward. You will hear the Princess Theater band in these rooms. It's a muffled sound however it's noticeable.

Just wanted to provide a heads-up to those in these staterooms.

We always stay in inside rooms at least 2 to 3 decks above the theater and have never experienced any noise so this was a huge disappointment.

Just got off the Royal yesterday. We had an inside stateroom on deck 10 forward. You will hear the Princess Theater band in these rooms. It's a muffled sound however it's noticeable.

We always stay in inside rooms at least 2 to 3 decks above the theater and have never experienced any noise so this was a huge disappointment.

You must have been staying on Caribe around C203-C210 or C204-212.

Those cabins are directly over the stage and it is open space below them to the stage. The space is used for hold Items such as scenery panels and other items needed for theater operations. The space has to be two stories high, because the panels are as tall as the stage opening.

We ran into the same issue on a b2b last year. Changed rooms for the second 10 days. Would not have been too bad except we found that they left music playing in the theater late at night after the performances were done and sometimes musicians would practice there at 1 or 2 in the morning.

You must have been staying on Caribe around C203-C210 or C204-212.

Those cabins are directly over the stage and it is open space below them to the stage. The space is used for hold Items such as scenery panels and other items needed for theater operations. The space has to be two stories high, because the panels are as tall as the stage opening.

We ran into the same issue on a b2b last year. Changed rooms for the second 10 days. Would not have been too bad except we found that they left music playing in the theater late at night after the performances were done and sometimes musicians would practice there at 1 or 2 in the morning.

Luckily, they did not practice overnight. After the last show, all was quiet for the remainder of the night. We were in C212 and C216. Thank you for mentioning the open space. When booking rooms, I try to look at deck plans above and below the rooms I'm interested in. And, didn't think twice about the spaces on decks 8 & 9. So, that makes sense as to why we heard the noise.

The most disappointing thing to me was when we called Passenger Services to complain/comment about the noise, they said that it couldn't possibly be the Theater. We told them we attended the 8:15p show and now at 10:20, we're hearing the same songs we heard two hours ago. If they would've explained the empty space and acoustics, it would've helped us to understand why. Instead, they treated us as if we were lying or making things up.

Luckily, they did not practice overnight. After the last show, all was quiet for the remainder of the night. We were in C212 and C216. Thank you for mentioning the open space. When booking rooms, I try to look at deck plans above and below the rooms I'm interested in. And, didn't think twice about the spaces on decks 8 & 9. So, that makes sense as to why we heard the noise.

The most disappointing thing to me was when we called Passenger Services to complain/comment about the noise, they said that it couldn't possibly be the Theater. We told them we attended the 8:15p show and now at 10:20, we're hearing the same songs we heard two hours ago. If they would've explained the empty space and acoustics, it would've helped us to understand why. Instead, they treated us as if we were lying or making things up.

They are well aware of it. I had a customer service manager accompany me to the theater a 1 am to prove to him that the music was still on and then dragged him to the room (in my case C207) to hear how loud it was there. Told them that if there was not another room we could get moved to the second 10 days we would just get of in Fort Lauderdale and skip the second half. At that point they did come up with a room to move us to. This was during January of 2015.

In room C207 the music from the theater was louder then the normal volume on the TV during the shows. Not what I would call muffled at all.

Maybe they have gotten enough complaints that they turn off the music after the last show now.

Edited by RDC1

Thanks for the heads up.

• 1 year later...
I hate to bump an old thread, but this is the first I have heard of this?

We are looking at C210 or C214, balconies, on the Regal.

I wonder if any steps were taken to help with this issue on the newer Regal?

Hhhhhhmmmm????

Info based on listed inside cabins.