ATT Talk & Text package for cruises...$60 have you used it?

jes Scott

I love being "unplugged" on our cruises, but with several family medical issues, I need to stay connected a bit more this time.

I see ATT has a package and lists our ship (NOS) and the ports we are going. ATT says it works on ship at sea as well as ports.

I would love to hear how well texting and sending photos works - we are not getting data, just talk and text.

Thanks [emoji5]️

I used this on my last cruise as I also needed to be available to talk to my family/child while I was away. With the plan you are referencing you will get 100 texts along with 60 minutes of talk time. It was more than enough for a week considering it helped me stay connected a bit each day. *However* -- forget about sending pics unless you're ok with overages. I did this when I hit the ports (connected to free WiFi) but sending pics requires you to activate your international data in order to send anything. Now, I thought I was being crafty but even in my attempt for expediency (trying to get everything sent and out in under 5 minutes) it ended up costing me a pretty penny over the course of a few days (around $75). Oops :roll eyes:

Case in point, it's great for texts and phone calls, but if you want to send pics opt for some data in your plan or just utilize the last couple of days on the ship (where they normally discount internet packages) and use Voom to upload your photos to FB, iCloud, Etc...

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that helps very much! The rep said I could send and receive pics in the 100 texts for no extra charge, and I was skeptical, so I will wait for wifi times for that.

I appreciate it!

Just watch your data usage, beause the package has a limited amount of data befire it's gets very expensive. If you must send/receive MMS texts with photos (not iMessage), then you will be using cellular data, and you will have to watch all the other apps on the phone that will be using data too.

I love being "unplugged" on our cruises, but with several family medical issues, I need to stay connected a bit more this time.

I see ATT has a package and lists our ship (NOS) and the ports we are going. ATT says it works on ship at sea as well as ports.

I would love to hear how well texting and sending photos works - we are not getting data, just talk and text.

Thanks [emoji5]️

I always leave my ATT phone on, but turn off data. My family can text me any updates for the family that are needed. It is a hit or miss if I would receive a text, but it works. At $60.00 it sounds more like a piece of mind than it's fine.