St. Martin Taxi or Boat Tour

pchen0

Hello fellow expert Caribbean cruisers:

My family and friends (group of 13) will be visiting St. Martin in August from our cruise. We are docked from 8am-5pm.

I have researched and now left with 2 options:

A. Taxi tour around the island for 6 hours (Oyster Pond, Orient Beach, Marigot and Maho Beach). I will probably add a stop for scuba diving/snorkeling around Grand Case.

B. Boat tour around the island for 6 hours (Tintamarre Island, Pinel Island and Creole Rock and Maho Beach).

Which option would you choose?

I know boat tour is highly recommended from the reviews but some concerns: We are getting off a big ship to go on a small ship and not allowing "real" island time on land. I have people in the group who are prone to motion sickness. Is the water rough around the island?

Thank you!

We have good seas and weather in August but we have been in storms as well. We were on the Golden Eagle in August when a storm came early and surprised everyone. It was very rough and scarey to. It was a tropical storm. I know that my two daughters who get seasickness would have not fared well on that trip. Chances are things will be fine but August in the Caribbean can bring rain and storms.