Booking after final payment questions

Cruise Junky

Hi. Just curious. Are there any perks/OBC you can get by booking after final payment. I "think" the shareholder benefit applies. What about a cruise later certificate? I'm also thinking any of the perks for suites ie drink package go away after final payment but you'd still get the dedicated restaurant and Michael's club? anything I'm missing? Plotting for the spring :)

Hi. Just curious. Are there any perks/OBC you can get by booking after final payment. I "think" the shareholder benefit applies. What about a cruise later certificate? I'm also thinking any of the perks for suites ie drink package go away after final payment but you'd still get the dedicated restaurant and Michael's club? anything I'm missing? Plotting for the spring :)

There rarely seems any suites left at final payment on recent cruises we have been on/have been watching! Suites we have booked early have gone more and more expensive, no last minute bargains...Rather than reduce the general price of suites I think this is where those already booked will get a bargain upgrade.

If you did book a suite last minute you would get Michael's Club and Luminae, if you booked RS or PH you would get the premium drinks package.

You don't usually see perks offered past final payment, as in drinks packages, no idea re shareholder benefit!

Hope you find a great cruise!

I am not sure that I agree with the assertion that drinks' packages are no longer available after final payment. Go Big/Better/Best is now their standard pricing structure and applies before and after final payment (although I recall reading somewhere that you had to book 10 days prior to sailing).

As for the other perks I don't know, but perks certainly don't apply for Exciting Deals.

There rarely seems any suites left at final payment on recent cruises we have been on/have been watching! Suites we have booked early have gone more and more expensive, no last minute bargains...Rather than reduce the general price of suites I think this is where those already booked will get a bargain upgrade.

If you did book a suite last minute you would get Michael's Club and Luminae, if you booked RS or PH you would get the premium drinks package.

You don't usually see perks offered past final payment, as in drinks packages, no idea re shareholder benefit!

Hope you find a great cruise!

My med cruise in April the suites dropped down yesterday to the same price as balconies. It didn't stay long though, but I guess can happen.

Thanks for the info

We are on the cruise with you. At final payment date suites started dropping and we dropped down to sky suite and received money back. Since they dropped twice again and now back up to royal suite with still keeping money I received back and all perks. You can always move up cabins and pay difference and keep perks. You just can't move down or get refunds after final payment. They seem to have lots of rooms available on our cruise. And the sky suites that were available were the ones we let go. They had been sold out at final.

Are there any perks/OBC you can get by booking after final payment. I "think" the shareholder benefit applies.

What about a cruise later certificate? I'm also thinking any of the perks for suites ie drink package go away after final payment but you'd still get the dedicated restaurant and Michael's club? anything I'm missing? Plotting for the spring :)

It doesn't matter whether you book before or after final payment, ANY perk from Celebrity such as a drink package, free gratuities, or OBC disqualifies you for the shareholder benefit. :(

The drink package included as part of booking an upper suite MAY be an exception to that... but I wouldn't bet on it. :o

My latest booking was just 10 days before sail away, and I was still able to apply for and receive the shareholder benefit. ;)

Edited by teecee60