Rental car drop off at POM??

CathyCruises

National, Alamo and Thrifty offer free shuttles to POM from their MIA airport location.

Hertz & Avis have downtown locations very close to POM - about a $12+ cab ride.

Do you know if they offer the free shuttle in reverse as well?

We plan on flying into FLL, renting a car to stay two nights in FLL, then driving to POM. Looks like this would work well for us to instead go to MIA airport and shuttle to POM.

After cruise, we'd like to stay one night in Miami, then drive back to FLL. If we could shuttle to the MIA airport to get another rental car, we could then get to whatever hotel we choose and get back to the airport without relying on free or paid shuttle/taxi services to get to either place.

I have a one day rental post cruise with alamo at mia, would I be able to use the free shuttle to pom from mia on cruise day? Or is the shuttle only provided day of rental or rental return? TIA 😊

I have a one day rental post cruise with alamo at mia, would I be able to use the free shuttle to pom from mia on cruise day? Or is the shuttle only provided day of rental or rental return? TIA

It wouldn't hurt to ask them (since the answer to the question never asked is always no but the asked question could at least potentially be answered yes), but I believe, typically, the free shuttle services provided by rental car companies immediately precede/follow a pickup/dropoff. I think there are several reasonably priced shuttling options from MIA to POM though.

Edited by metsfan1968

Do you know if they offer the free shuttle in reverse as well?

We plan on flying into FLL, renting a car to stay two nights in FLL, then driving to POM. Looks like this would work well for us to instead go to MIA airport and shuttle to POM.

After cruise, we'd like to stay one night in Miami, then drive back to FLL. If we could shuttle to the MIA airport to get another rental car, we could then get to whatever hotel we choose and get back to the airport without relying on free or paid shuttle/taxi services to get to either place.

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing on our next trip! Just trying to figure out how to work it all out, since flying into/out of FLL is way easier and cheaper for us from SEA. Would we need to rent a car to get back to FLL the next day? Seems like shuttles are so dang pricy!!

• 3 months later...

I did this 3 yeard ago but was wondering if all the rental companies still offer free drop off from MIA (rental shuttle) to POM? I read in a few posts that not all company are offering it. Can some one let me know if this true? if so what company offer the free shuttle to POM.

thanks

National, Alamo and Thrifty offer free shuttles to POM from their MIA airport location.

Hertz & Avis have downtown locations very close to POM - about a $12+ cab ride.

Lots of car rental companies at MIA - these are the ones I know offer free shuttles between POM and MIA; show the driver your rental paperwork before you board.

Reports are mixed about shuttles from the downtown locations - call them or be prepared to pay the whopping $12 cab fare (under $10 if you use Uber ;))

Lots of car rental companies at MIA - these are the ones I know offer free shuttles between POM and MIA; show the driver your rental paperwork before you board.

Reports are mixed about shuttles from the downtown locations - call them or be prepared to pay the whopping $12 cab fare (under $10 if you use Uber ;))

I know the above mention rental companies, Alamo, National, Dollar, Thrifty offer return shuttle service. The key is do have your rental agreements with you. MIa to POM, you need your receipt. From POM to MIA you need your reservation.

I just booked a rental from National, picking up at FLL and dropping off at MIA. They confirmed for me that they do in fact have a free shuttle from MIA to POM that runs on days that POM is active. I thought she even said it runs every 10 minutes, but thinking back I'm not sure I heard that right.

Budget/Avis has a drop off location near POM and they offer a free shuttle to/from POM.

Shuttles from/to FLL to POM usually run about $15.pp, each way. Slightly less if you have more people.