Parking in Galveston

klaner64

Is Park N Cruise the one with parking that is completely indoors, like a deck? Looks like Lighthouse Parking is covered, but not completely - sides are open. We are willing to pay more to park in a "deck" like parking area.

Their indoor parking is in a series of 1 story buildings. Like a series of very large garages. When each building is full or at the end of the day, they close that garage door and it is locked. So yes it is completely covered on all sides.

• 3 weeks later...
We are currently looking at all the options for parking at Galveston. Just have a few questions I was hoping someone could help with:

If we use the park parking, can one walk to the terminal or do you have to use a shuttle? It doesn't look very far of a walk so just curious.

With VIP or Park N Cruise, I have read that the spaces are very tight. Will we have issues with an extended mini-van?

Thanks for any and all help!

Last November we used Park N Cruise. We have an H2 hummer. We arrived about 10:30 and appeared to be one of the first groups. They sent us down to the end covered parking and yes it was tight but they did a great job directing us into the spot. Will be doing it again in October.

• 3 weeks later...

Since we need to return our car rental, I have decided to use one of the Parking lots, however, one with a shuttle would work out the best for us as my husband is having difficulties walking long distances. If we Park right across the street from Terminal 2, how far is the walk from the Corner across the Cruise parking or should we go with the Cruise parking and take their shuttle . To early to book with our cruise next July 2nd.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

It is fairly close, but there are also people that will load your luggage on little golf cars and drive you to the corner so all you have to do is cross the street. They brought my handicapped son and I and the rest of family walked the short distance.

Thank you, I did a search yesterday right after I posted.:) I am still trying to decide which is the best way for us. I was considering staying at the La Quinta Inn East Seawall with our friends, but we also want to meet a couple from our August 2017 sailing who live outside Houston and meet for dinner. This caused me to wonder if it would be better we drive down half way from IAH, meet them for dinner and spend the night at a nearby Hotel then come down in the morning.

I lived in the area for a long time and would say unless you specifically want to stay in Galveston you can probably stay in a nicer hotel cheaper in Clear Lake/Webster area. It's about midway from Hobby to Galveston too. Webster is exits 27, 26. 25 on I-45 and the cruise terminal is Exit 1, so about 35 minutes (give or take with traffic). Hobby airport exit is somewhere in the mid 40's but there will be a bit of traffic, especially between the beltway and loop on I-45.

Hi Jason, we have a group booking through our friends at the LQ Inn West. I considered staying just outside Galveston possibly at the Nasa Center location since we will be there on the 1st of July 2017 to take the tour, then drive in from there but since we will be joining friends of ours and their family, we are staying in Galveston. I am making up my mind on where we will park the day of the cruise

Hi Jason, we have a group booking through our friends at the LQ Inn West. I considered staying just outside Galveston possibly at the Nasa Center location since we will be there on the 1st of July 2017 to take the tour, then drive in from there but since we will be joining friends of ours and their family, we are staying in Galveston. I am making up my mind on where we will park the day of the cruise

If we weren't parking at my cousin's house for the cruise we'd be parking at Lighthouse Parking. http://www.lighthouseparking.com

There is a $10 off coupon too. I think it's posted somewhere in this thread.