Global Entry

scorpluvsdolphins

• 3 months later...
You would think that, wouldn't you? :)

For some reason, my application took seven weeks to get conditionally approved, and that was after I sought assistance from my senator's office to check into why my application was "Pending Review" all that time.

It is now 7 weeks since I applied (April 11th, before all the publicity surrounding airport wait times) and my application is still pending review.

I am a single 65 year old retired educator with 0 criminal history, 0 Customs issues, lived in the same home for 25+years, vote, pay all my taxes, serve jury duty when called, have a passport and was born in NY. There is absolutely nothing in my history that would cause my application to be flagged and yet people (on other boards) are continuing to get conditional approval in 2 to 10 days.

I managed to finally get through to the telephone number on the USBCP website and the agent had no idea why I have yet to receive conditional approval, had no idea if my application was lost, had no idea who to call or write to if my application continues to be "pending review."

His only advice was to give it another month. I asked, "what do I do if it doesn't change by then. He stated "well, that would be a 'red flag' and you should call back this number." I logically asked, what options will I have by calling back this telephone number a month from now that are different than my calling today. He said "none, really. We can only check on the status, just like you can on the website."

I asked if there was a telephone number or email I could use to find out why my application appears to be in limbo and he said he had no idea where the applications are processed or who else to try and contact. :(

Were you successful in finding out why your application took so long to get "conditional approval"?

Edited by MaritimeR&R