Global Entry

scorpluvsdolphins

Does Tampa or PC ports have Global Entry like Ft. Lauderdale yet?

The signs were up Friday when we disembarked from Serenade in FLL. When we asked if it was available we were told it was not open yet. :confused:

Edited by TexCruise371

It is available at many of the Fort Lauderdale terminals so it's just a matter of time when it is at all.

That is the only port right now where it is available.

Bring your Global Entry Card (you are supposed to have it at ports) to be on the safe side.

Keith

What does it gain you at Port Everglades? We have it, but when we went through last week after an Oasis cruise they said it wasn't open (we don't know if they meant it was open for the day as we were off pretty early, or not implemented at the terminal yet).

What does it gain you at Port Everglades? We have it, but when we went through last week after an Oasis cruise they said it wasn't open (we don't know if they meant it was open for the day as we were off pretty early, or not implemented at the terminal yet).

From the PE website:

Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival back in the United States. Upon debarkation, signage will direct cruise guests who are Global Entry participants to the front of the line in all cruise terminals.

If open it can mean you get on a shorter line and save 10 to 15 minutes time going through immigration. That has been posted on some other boards.

I say can because we were on a Silversea cruise arriving back in January. We had just gotten Global Entry last fall and this was our first time to take advantage of it. Ironically when we got to the area we saw the Global Entry line was longer than other lines but we were not in a rush so we waited on that line and the irony is it took longer.

But I think that is an exception.

On larger cruise ships it will be a good benefit for many as long as people who don't have Global Entry don't try to mess things up by getting on that line.

Keith

Great.

You should hear back within about a week with a temporary approval.

Then you have 30 days to schedule the interview. Again, 30 days after contingent approval to schedule the interview not to actually go there. The interview is usually very short and mainly involves taking your finger prints and taking photos of you.

Keith

You should hear back within about a week with a temporary approval.

You would think that, wouldn't you? :)

For some reason, my application took seven weeks to get conditionally approved, and that was after I sought assistance from my senator's office to check into why my application was "Pending Review" all that time.

You would think that, wouldn't you? :)

For some reason, my application took seven weeks to get conditionally approved, and that was after I sought assistance from my senator's office to check into why my application was "Pending Review" all that time.

Amazing.

For the majority of people it is quite quick with the conditional approval.

Wise that you went to the Senator's Office. Not many people know that if they have issues like yours or need assistance with a passport processing that either a senator's office or house of reps office can be a big help on this.

Our only challenge was scheduling the interview.

The one at our airport rarely showed dates available for the interview and finally showed one but we needed two and ideally back to back.

There is another airport an addition 90 minutes away (2 and 1/2 hours) and our married son lives near there so thankfully we got the interview there and spent the weekend with the family.

At the same time I realize that if too many people get Global Entry before long the lines will be bad for that.

Do you now have your card?

Keith

The signs were up Friday when we disembarked from Serenade in FLL. When we asked if it was available we were told it was not open yet. :confused:

We got to use it on Friday, Barry. :D Just showed our GE cards to the man standing under the sign on the far right. He let us through and we bypassed all the people and were able to use the handicapped line. :D

It saved us bunches of time. There were only 2 main CBP agents working and a third in the handicapped booth. We were sent to the (very short) handicapped line and didn't have to wait in the main line.

Our only challenge was scheduling the interview.

I was very lucky that although my initial attempt to schedule an interview had me waiting about three months before I could get a slot at my local airport, I continued checking for available spots. The next day, I found an opening the following Monday morning, so I had my interview which was almost painless — the CBP guy had to restart his application because the camera wasn't working for taking the photo.

Do you now have your card?

Yes, I do, and I've used it on a couple of trips already (since I live in a state that has a less valid ID).

We got to use it on Friday, Barry. :D Just showed our GE cards to the man standing under the sign on the far right. He let us through and we bypassed all the people and were able to use the handicapped line. :D

It saved us bunches of time. There were only 2 main CBP agents working and a third in the handicapped booth. We were sent to the (very short) handicapped line and didn't have to wait in the main line.

We started that way and we were stopped. When we told them we had GE, they told us it was closed and not available :confused::mad:

Glad you got to take advantage of it. :D

Applied recently and received my conditional approval within 24 hrs. Have interview scheduled next week. Very pleasantly surprised at speed of process. Couldn't get firm answer as to whether global entry is in place at port of Miami yet. Hopefully it will be available for us in mid-April.

Edited by Baron Barracuda

We have both Pre Check and Global Entry. It was all done on one application.

Disembarking from Indy on the 22nd at Terminal 25 was chaos. The GE line was not easy to find. One pier agent said, "Just follow the crowd, you'll see a sign". Others knew nothing about it. Saw the handicapped line, didn't know it may have been the GE line also. When we finally saw a GE sign, it was facing backwards. Mentioned it to the attendant, he didn't care. He did open a rope and let us thru, we walked right up to a customs officer and a minute later out the door. Proper direction would have saved us more time, but we are guessing we saved maybe 15 minutes anyway.

R&D