Celebrity eclipse cabins

louhun88

Best location can also be determined by the type of cruise, for example, on a transatlantic you might be more comfortable on a lower deck as opposed to a higher one because you might experience rougher weather on the Atlantic ocean. Also, if anyone in your party has mobility issues you should consider the location of the elevators. Potential sources of noise can also be a factor. Suggest you study the Eclipse deck plans to see what is above, below, and across from your cabin choice. By the way, the Eclipse is a wonderful ship and I would not hesitate to recommend that you give it serious consideration.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at 2 weeks around the Med, i think from what I've read I need to look for a cabin on the port side?!

I've been looking at the deck plans trying to plan where everything is and how far we'd be from them!

We like far aft - corner sky suites the best, but also the pure aft cabins. We had center aft concierge once and that did it for us. Best view ever. Definitely a long walk but unless you're mobility-challenged it's probably not a bad thing.

Our favorite deck is the penthouse deck, 11. Higher the better and far back the better.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at 2 weeks around the Med, i think from what I've read I need to look for a cabin on the port side?!

I've been looking at the deck plans trying to plan where everything is and how far we'd be from them!

There's no particular reason to book port side, it doesn't really mean anything and you won't be able to see anything on shore when the ship is moving. If you're concerned about getting to everything on the ship, I really recommend anything that's by the midship elevators. Our personal preference is for the cabins on the flat part of the hump as it's called, just outside the elevators. You can see both forward and aft and they are extremely convenient! The cabins on either side of the hump that are on a slant have larger balconies and the price is correspondingly higher. On a port intensive cruise like you're looking at you won't be spending much time on your balcony anyway most likely. We like the sixth floor because we are close to all of the shops, restaurants etc. on four and five. But as long as you have cabins above you and below you you should be fine anywhere. The bigger factor is front to back location.

We've done the Eclipses annual 2 week med cruise twice - balcony both times, once near the front on deck 6, once near the back on deck 8. Both times Port Side. We booked these at a Guarantee rate so we didn't pick these. We preferred the aft cabin, but didn't have any issue with either. You get 6 sea days on the Eclipses Med Cruise, so plenty of time to use the balcony. We felt there was slightly less movement at the back than there was at the front, and near the front we were close to an observation platform which can be a little noisy during docking.

As the second half of the cruise basically retraces the steps back from the first week I can't think of a reason to recommend Port over Starboard or vice versa. If you like afternoon sun and you're on the Port Side you won't get it on the first two days but will on the last two days and so on.

The Eclipse really is a fab ship.