Sardinia cancelled 30 foot waves and 80mph wind

utexplore

We are skipping Sardinia today because of extreme weather in that area. Captain said they expected 80 mph winds and 30 foot seas. Sorry to miss the port but happy to skip the weather.

Awesome ship.

That is a hazard of booking in the off season in the Med, I believe. We missed Malta one November on a Royal Caribbean cruise, same reason. And this past January on the Star we had three miserable nights of very rough seas. One night I didn't sleep at all and I ran through my (rather large) supply of seasick medicine! That's never happened to me before. We've done a few transatlantics but the Atlantic was a piece of cake compared to what the Mediterranean dished out. Honestly, as much as we loved our Viking Star cruise, I doubt we'll book again in the winter or even early spring because of the volatiliy of the Med. I have a new respect/fear of that sea. :(

Even though we had to skip Sardinia due to weather issues, I would not hesitate to cruise in the Med during that time of year. In general, the temperatures were very nice. Only needed a light jacket. Rained for an hour or two on several days. The nice part is that we were always the only ship in port and there were NO CROWDS. We had two nights that were tipsy while under way.

We are skipping Sardinia today because of extreme weather in that area. Captain said they expected 80 mph winds and 30 foot seas. Sorry to miss the port but happy to skip the weather.

Awesome ship.

Sorry about having to miss the port. :(