Gem Easter Week price changes

razzzbere

This will be our first Norwegian sailing and just wondering if anyone here had any experience sailing on the 10 day during Easter? I've been looking for a price change so that I can upgrade from an OV to a balcony and it seems to be at a stand still and there are still a good amount of cabins available. Has anyone had any good luck with getting a deal during this week? I know it's supposed to be a busy one, it just seems weird that it's not full yet. Maybe because its a 10 day vs. a 7 day? Thanks!

This same thing happened for the dawn sailing I am going on over Easter.

The price is about 200 cheaper a person for and interior room than what I paid. It is actually the same price as what balconies are right now.

I thought I was just sol because of it being past final due date.

I'd love to hear if it's an option to go to a balcony room from interior based on what I had paid already.

I am going on the Dawn leaving 3/27. When I saw the price drop online, I called my travel agent and she was able to call NCL and get me an upgrade from an inside to a balcony for only $22 more total. It looks like a lot of rooms are still available on this sailing, I thought it was strange for a holiday.

I am going on the Dawn leaving 3/27. When I saw the price drop online, I called my travel agent and she was able to call NCL and get me an upgrade from an inside to a balcony for only $22 more total. It looks like a lot of rooms are still available on this sailing, I thought it was strange for a holiday.

Good to know. Looks like I will call in the morning to see if we can upgrade.

Did you by chance have the ubp? I was hoping they would let us keep it if they allow us to upgrade.

You might want to try and call the upsell department. I called two weeks ago for our Star cruise on 3/27 and was able to upgrade from an OK (obstructed oceanview) to a family suite for $300 per person. We were able to keep all of our original promotions.

In June on the Pearl I called our travel agent less than a week before we sailed and was able to get a free upgrade from an OK to a mini suite.

The worse than can ever say is no!

That's because many school districts are going with the April break this year as easter is early and Passover is late

The 2 holidays usually overlap but not this year

I think a lot of schools (including the university I teach at) that do breaks in march are doing the week before that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think a lot of schools (including the university I teach at) that do breaks in march are doing the week before that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very true....but to be noted that here in the tri state area public school districts do not always take the same breaks...e.g. Up here in Westchester my school district is taking the week before Easter off and a district 4 miles away is taking the Passover week off

There must be 50 districts or more in just Westchester and Fairfield alone. Not to mention Rockland and jersey Suffolk and nassau

NYC is one big district and I'm not sure what week they are taking

This stuff matters trust me

Edited by luvtheships

I called the regular reservation number, and after a 20 minute call (arguing over who I booked through) I was able to get a balcony room for 60 dollars more! I've never been in a balcony before, so I am beyond excited.

I called the regular reservation number, and after a 20 minute call (arguing over who I booked through) I was able to get a balcony room for 60 dollars more! I've never been in a balcony before, so I am beyond excited.

Yay!!! That's exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't believe the prices haven't even budged on the Gem sailing on 3/22....NCL must be expecting big things!! I did speak to an NCL rep and she told me that lots of college kids wait til the last minute and book....time will tell, I really need to upgrade to either a balcony or a mini suite... :D

I booked this cruise 2 days ago! I paid for oceanview GTY which wasn't much more then the inside GTY. TODAY Ocean view GTY which is no longer available. I believe the ocean view room prices also increased slightly.

Very true....but to be noted that here in the tri state area public school districts do not always take the same breaks...e.g. Up here in Westchester my school district is taking the week before Easter off and a district 4 miles away is taking the Passover week off

There must be 50 districts or more in just Westchester and Fairfield alone. Not to mention Rockland and jersey Suffolk and nassau

NYC is one big district and I'm not sure what week they are taking

This stuff matters trust me

I'm on this sailing as well -

We're out in Suffolk and our spring break is not until Passover week, the end of April! I'm pulling my kids (preK and 1st grade) out of class for 7 days.

And I'm actually thrilled to see that the ship isn't full. I expected to have to fight for Splash Academy space for my boys! I'm also all about a good bartender to passenger ratio LOL :D

We're booked in 2 adjoining family balconies on deck 9.

awesome!

I agree with you Gikkeroo, I would love it if this ship sailed light! How old are your kids? Mine are 8 and 10 and will be using the kids club as well. We lucked out on this sailing, it is our spring break here in Ocean county, NJ, so they are only missing 2.5 days of school!

I agree with you Gikkeroo, I would love it if this ship sailed light! How old are your kids? Mine are 8 and 10 and will be using the kids club as well. We lucked out on this sailing, it is our spring break here in Ocean county, NJ, so they are only missing 2.5 days of school!

boys, 6 & 4

I'm hoping there's an Easter bunny or egg hunt or something - can't seem to find any info about past years.

Oceanview is now more then balcony

Everyday there is a little change in price.

That's strange I looked at the prices in the morning and just now 4PM, and their price is the same since morning. I am looking at NCL website.

Guarantee Inside 649

Guarantee outside 699

Guarantee balcony 1099

They must really have a lot of rooms available since they even waived a single supplement fee as of today.

Edited by cruiseelady