Harmony of the Seas Inaugural

No date for the naming ceremony yet. This might not happen until she has arrived in the US.

Anthem was named in Southampton. Quantum in New York.

Naming ceremonies with RCI are usually not with paying but invited passengers only.

steamboats

Yes, there´s a 2 night pre-inaugural for travel agents and media out of Barcelona June 5th-7th. There´s another 2 night pre-inaugural out of Southampton May 20th-22nd - prior to the first bookable short cruise.

It´s not the first time a ship is cruising for a couple of months without being named. The Quantum had her TA first with paying passengers and was then be named in NYC. I don´t think the naming ceremony will be in Southampton (as the Anthem has been named there last year during the pre-inaugural). It might be either Barcelona or Fort Lauderdale.

steamboats

I think you will find that is exactly what they will do :eek:

I understand will be when she arrives in Barcelona, there is a 2 day gap between her arrival from Southampton and her first cruise from Barcelona. They will not cruise for an entire season and wait until US arrival before the naming ceremony.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have an update on this? I'm just wondering if my cruise is the cruise that will be the one where the christening ceremony is happening on[/quoted]

Definitely not! RCI had all naming ceremonies on intivation only cruises during the last couple of years.

And I don´t think it´s the Barcelona cruise. The ship will be homeported in Port Everglades and the naming cermony pretty likely will be held there.

steamboats

I saw an announcement (fairly certain it was on Twitter from Nock Weir) that the naming ceremony would be in the US.

Edit. It was a tweet by Nick weir on March 22. Harmony naming in November and Ovation naming is in China. Ovation godmother to be Chinese

Edited by Ourusualbeach

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Harmony naming ceremony and inaugural sailing will be November 10-12 from Miami - cruise to nowhere. I'll be sailing on her for the celebration!

Have you confirmation that the 8-10 and 10-12 are cruises to nowhere? I haven't seen that although my invite to the 8-10 doesn't state.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
I thought revenue CTNs are no longer allowed?

Ah, is it specific to revenue? The two sailings Nov 8-10 and 10-12 are non revenue for contest winners, high level C and A, TA's, media, etc. I am on the 8-10 and there has been no mention of a destination but also it hasn't said CTN either. It's possible they will dock in Nassau for a few minutes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...