I apologize to all the RCL shareholders

CaroleSP

I fully take the blame for the fall in stock prices. I think I'm a jinx. I managed to buy it just under the 52 week high and now it is the lowest it's been in 52 weeks. I think I'm going to sell and take the loss on my taxes and buy it back at the lower price. I washed my car last Wednesday, it hasn't stopped raining. You get the idea.

Once again, I'm sorry let me know what you think is a hot tip and I promise not to buy it.

I fully take the blame for the fall in stock prices. I think I'm a jinx. I managed to buy it just under the 52 week high and now it is the lowest it's been in 52 weeks. I think I'm going to sell and take the loss on my taxes and buy it back at the lower price. I washed my car last Wednesday, it hasn't stopped raining. You get the idea.

Once again, I'm sorry let me know what you think is a hot tip and I promise not to buy it.

I feel for you Carole, because I can "totally relate." The joke around my house is Mom, washed her car today so it means rain. I swear it always rains soon after. :( If, I were to pick a stock, disaster would hit the next day. Total meltdown. lol...but I've learned to have a great sense of humor about it. What else can you do?

If, you choose to hang on I hope it climbs for you before long.

Good luck....

I also purchased at a 52 week high ($20) and now it is $40+. Plus 5 cruises at $200/$250 each and 3 more $250's booked.

OH, it also pays dividends a other $13 and now $15 a grtr.

My broker still doesn't believe it, because he knows I purchase mainly for the cruise credit benefits. He brings it up every time we talk.

Talk about a lucky stock buy! ;)

Hi Carole !

I am sure you are kidding, and you are surely not to blame ! The Stock Market has been horrible the past couple of months, and with Oil Prices going up and up, this is very bad news for the Cruise industry. If you add up a lousy stock market, and much too high Oil Prices, that is why you are looking at $ 40.00 Royal Caribbean Stock today. Frankly, I am not surprised the stock has taken a beating the past couple of months, but this is a Great company. They are getting caught up in circumstances they have no control over.

I cant advise you as to if you should sell or not, as I am not your broker. But if you believe in the Cruise industry, then that should help you make your decision. Let's hope Oil Prices stop rising, and in turn, that should help the stock market, and the entire Cruise Industry. Good Luck !

Make sure you get the cruise discount for this trip.

Or

The next one.

I'm sure it will go down a bit more if you hold onto it.

You're right, it's under $40. I already have my shareholder's credits for the next 2 cruises. I plan to book some more as soon as we board the Galaxy! I figure if I quit my job, and keep crusing, I can break even that way.

Delphi

(Just kidding).

Select from the following list of Symbols New Search

Search Results

Symbol Company Name

DPH09 DELPHI CORP 6 1/2% NTS 05/01/2009

DPH29 DELPHI CORP 7 1/8% NTS 05/01/2029

DPHIQ Delphi Corporation

DPH Delphi Corporation

DPGYF Delphi Energy Corp

DFY DELPHI FIN 8.0 SR NT

DFG Delphi Financial Group, Inc.

DPH-A DELPHI TRUST I 8.25%

Your latest quotes

Which one???

I also purchased at a 52 week high ($20) and now it is $40+. Plus 5 cruises at $200/$250 each and 3 more $250's booked.

OH, it also pays dividends a other $13 and now $15 a grtr.

My broker still doesn't believe it, because he knows I purchase mainly for the cruise credit benefits. He brings it up every time we talk.

Talk about a lucky stock buy! ;)

When I first thought about buying it, my husband said go ahead. I decided I didn't want to buy 100 shares for $1,800. I haven't lived that one down. It cost me more than 2 1/2 times that when I finally broke down and bought. My mother always said trust your first instincts! Not to mention that I would have had another $450 in benefits, had I done it then. I guess I'm depressing myself...I better get to trying on clothes for my cruise in 2 weeks. Hooray, blue skys, turquoise water; I feel better already!

Hi Carole !

I am sure you are kidding, and you are surely not to blame ! The Stock Market has been horrible the past couple of months, and with Oil Prices going up and up, this is very bad news for the Cruise industry. If you add up a lousy stock market, and much too high Oil Prices, that is why you are looking at $ 40.00 Royal Caribbean Stock today. Frankly, I am not surprised the stock has taken a beating the past couple of months, but this is a Great company. They are getting caught up in circumstances they have no control over.

I cant advise you as to if you should sell or not, as I am not your broker. But if you believe in the Cruise industry, then that should help you make your decision. Let's hope Oil Prices stop rising, and in turn, that should help the stock market, and the entire Cruise Industry. Good Luck !

Hi Andy,

Of course, this is all tongue in cheek; I have an addiction to feed. Say, when do they pay their next dividend? I know it's now 15 cents. That's my Galaxy spending money.

Hi Andy,

Of course, this is all tongue in cheek; I have an addiction to feed. Say, when do they pay their next dividend? I know it's now 15 cents. That's my Galaxy spending money.

Hi Carole !

They JUST paid their Dividend last week (10/7) at the new .15 cent per share rate. The Dividend is paid every three months, and has to be approved by the Board Of Directors each time. Assuming it would be approved, (and I do not see any reason why it would not be approved) the next Dividend should pay to shareholders around 1/7/06.

They JUST paid their Dividend last week (10/7) at the new .15 cent per share rate. The Dividend is paid every three months

That's missing the point entirely...

They pay $2.50 per share every time we cruise for 14 days... For this year we will collect nearly $2000 in "dividends".:D

That's missing the point entirely...

They pay $2.50 per share every time we cruise for 14 days... For this year we will collect nearly $2000 in "dividends".:D

Missing the point ? Not at all.

What you are talking about is a shareholder "Benefit", and NOT a Dividend.

I was asked about the Dividend, and I answered the question.

Of course, the shareholder "Benefit" is a great thing too :)

Let me get this straight. You single-handedly drove down the cost of of a stock to where even I can now afford it...You single-handedly caused excessive rain just so your car could be clean...and you're trying to get by on a simple apology :confused: ?

Nay I say! This calls for much more than the old "I'm sorry" routine. You must now give us a list of all your stocks, as I'm sure they are all valued way down. Then you must sell them after I buy in. It's sort of a Martha Stewart in reverse thing. You will get the forgiveness you seek. I will make a few bucks. And if you promise not to wash the car, the sun will shine once again ;) .

Bull Market Bob

Missing the point ? Not at all.

What you are talking about is a shareholder "Benefit", and NOT a Dividend.

I was asked about the Dividend, and I answered the question.

Of course, the shareholder "Benefit" is a great thing too :)

OK do a poll. Find out how many people buy the stock for its dividend value or how many buy it for its non-taxable benefit.

My missing the point reference meant that the value of the dividend is inconsequential in relation to its benefit value...

$4000 value in stock for $60 dividend per year = just over 2% return

unlimited benefit of $250 per cruise depending on your obsession... priceless:D.

Archived