Embarkment question for Ecstasy out of Charleston

Has anyone done Uber on day of embankment? What is the earliest time you can be dropped off? Wondering how long an Uber driver would have to allow for dropping me off. Do they have to wait in line long or can they just go through and drop me off?

Sail away is at 4:00pm. Could I get there at 11:00am to beat the rush or will they not let anyone in until later?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Searched the boards and couldn't find an answer to my question.

Try searching on the East coast departures board. I just sailed from there but parked our car. I believe you get dropped off outside of the port area, drop your luggage with porters and then catch a shuttle that takes you to the terminal. There are bridges that cross the marsh to get to the terminal. Only the shuttles from the parking/drop off area were allowed on those bridges.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done Uber on day of embankment? What is the earliest time you can be dropped off? Wondering how long an Uber driver would have to allow for dropping me off. Do they have to wait in line long or can they just go through and drop me off?

Sail away is at 4:00pm. Could I get there at 11:00am to beat the rush or will they not let anyone in until later?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Searched the boards and couldn't find an answer to my question.

How early did Uber drop you off and did they have to wait in line?

Think your best bet is to arrive at 11, but have the driver drop you off on the street that runs right outside of the port. And then just walk with your bags into the port, this will save you a lot of money instead of being stuck on line in an uber with the fare running up.