Balcony Guarantee on RCCL Liberty of Seas

So, i wonder if booking a Balcony Guarantee"cabin will be worth saving about $350 rather than selecting a room.

I want a balcony.. not a huge difference where.. except would hate to be under or over a noisy location.

Is there a way to see the balconies that are left- entering reservation information , looking over balcony rooms that are open still- and then decide if it is a good deal??

Are most of the rooms given out in the "guarantee" the ones no one wanted.. hence bad rooms?

Did you have a bad experience with a room guarantee?

ARe there bad balcony rooms?

Looking at all the options!

Mary

We did a suite guarantee to save about $400 and were given a great 10th floor mid-ship Junior Suite. There were 26 JS cabins left and we could have easily been placed in a less desirable location, but for $300 savings, I will do it again. There is still a small chance we could always be upgraded to a Grand Suite (6 left for our April sailing) but not holding my breath.

There are a few major online cruise agents that show you which cabins are still open. You will have to select a balcony category, not guarantee, but at least you will have an idea as to where you could end up.

So, i wonder if booking a Balcony Guarantee"cabin will be worth saving about $350 rather than selecting a room.

I want a balcony.. not a huge difference where.. except would hate to be under or over a noisy location.

Is there a way to see the balconies that are left- entering reservation information , looking over balcony rooms that are open still- and then decide if it is a good deal??

Are most of the rooms given out in the "guarantee" the ones no one wanted.. hence bad rooms?

Mary

Just go to the website (http://www.royalcaribbean.com) and act like you are booking your cruise. You will get a good idea of what is still available.

Use the UK website and you may see even more cabins, if applicable. ;)

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/?cid=UKRCIAF_LT_2094444

Mary

Ok, I just looked for you, and there are MILLIONS of balcony cabins still available, including some of the most desirable cabins on the ship.

Go for it. Let us know what you get assigned, and we will let you know if/how you can change to an even better cabin.

So, do you usually get your cabin assignment soon after selecting this? Or after final payment?

Our final payment is in about 2 weeks!

I see lots of room on the 6th deck..

If you don't like your guarantee can you change it right away within the same category? Do they give you a group of rooms to pick from?

And why is the guaranteed balcony on the UK site more expansive than the other rooms???

Is that good sign?

thanks

Mary

Edited by mcroadman

So, do you usually get your cabin assignment soon after selecting this? Or after final payment?

Our final payment is in about 2 weeks!

I see lots of room on the 6th deck..

If you don't like your guarantee can you change it right away within the same category? Do they give you a group of rooms to pick from?

thanks

Mary

You get your assignment anytime from within hours after you book until your arrival at the Pier. Most seem to be sooner than two weeks before the sail date. They assign you a cabin, but if there are others still available in the fare class, you can call and move to that one.

My most recent experience is with an upcoming Anthem sailing. I booked an obstructed balcony guarantee (changing from a D7 already reserved) got a D7 assigned within 24 hours. I called, moved it to an open D7 one deck down and more mid ship. I saved $460. Very happy! I also would have been satisfied with an obstructed balcony, as that is what the guarantee was for.

Edited by MommaBear55