? about onboard credit and when it shows up?

TorontoTL

I am very confused with the amount of onboard credit that is showing up on cruise documents I just received. To give some background, I calculate that I should have $300 and that my partner in the same cabin should have $200. We each should have $100 each from a future cruise deposit and $100 from the travel agent. So that is $200 each so far. But I also referred 4 people to Princess and I should have $25 for each, thus another $100 for this cruise. In my documents it shows $200, so I thought, maybe the credit from the TA doesn't show up yet. But my partner is showing the full $200 that he should have including the amount from the Travel Agent... So next I call Princess. They tell me that their records show, and my Captain's Circle account confirms this, that I have $100 from referrals and $100 from the future cruise deposit. They claim that there is nothing from the TA on it. But then how and why does the TA's onboard credit show up on my partner's documents already? I'm really confused. The only thing that I can think up is that the referral credits aren't showing up on the documents. Has anyone else had this happen?:confused:

I hardly ever get on board credits, so no, I’ve never had it happen. Are you and your partner on the same booking? If you have different booking numbers, it’s possible the TA credit didn’t get to yours properly. I’d have your TA check in with Princess.

Usually the cruise docs are correct but the personalizer rarely is. I would call your TA right away since that is what they say is missing. Have your 4 referrals sailed yet?? My referals have booked but I do not get the credit until after they have sailed.

My referrals have already sailed and Princess confirms by phone that my $200 of credit are from them. $100 for the future cruise credit and $100 for the referrals. My partner and I are on the same booking and he shows $200 total which is correct for him, $100 for the future cruise credit and $100 from the TA. I find it odd that the TA's credit would show on his and not mine. I just checked with my parents and friends on the same booking and it appears that the credits are correct for them, both for the future cruise credits and for the credits from the TA. This is really odd?

The money for referrals is not a shipboard credit. It comes off the price of your cruise.

From the website:

Upon their successful registration, each eligible referral will receive $25 off their first Princess cruise – and you will get the same amount off your next cruise with us!

The money for referrals is not a shipboard credit. It comes off the price of your cruise.

From the website:

Upon their successful registration, each eligible referral will receive $25 off their first Princess cruise – and you will get the same amount off your next cruise with us!

Baxter is correct on this one. When using the referral credits you need to give your TA the ID numbers (also show in the corcle account) and your TA will deduct the $100 (4 @ $25) from your cruise fare after she has given you her lowest price.

Unfortunately, if you have already received your documents it means you are past final payment and there is likely nothing that can be done now except to use the $100 referral credit to reduce the cost of a future cruise.

Call your TA and let us know how it goes...

I emailed my TA and hopefully I will hear back from her. I guess I was mistaken in that I expected an onboard credit rather than a discount. My mistake I guess. The TA does have the ID numbers and I guess didn't know that she was to take that amount off the cost of my cruise. Thanks for all of your help I will post after I get this sorted out.

Hi , I had some referrals on earlier cruise. I think that they only allow 2 referral credits per cruise , if they haven't changed the rules again. Then you would have 2 credits of $25.pp coming for this cruise and 2 for another cruise at a later date.And they did subtract it from the cruise cost and not as onboard credit. Lots of rules regarding this referral thing. I think this is correct but I am sure your TA can check it out for you. Have a great cruise.

Cori

Hi I still haven't heard back from my TA. From what you guys are saying I should have had a discount on the price of my cruise and not onboard credit. This is strange because the Princess rep said that he saw that I had onboard credits from my 4 referrals. From you guys are saying he must have been wrong. In which case I didn't get my discount and I've already paid in full. :confused:

I hope to hear from my TA soon. Thanks for all the information guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to everyone that helped me on this matter. I got distracted and forgot all about the thread I started. Anyhow, after numerous phone calls and emails back and forth with my TA this is how it is. You guys were correct in that the referral credits are supposed to be used as a discount on the cost of the cruise. Princess was correct in that they applied it to my cruise, but the TA didn't pass on the discount. I finally explained it to the TA and she checked and confirmed that they owe me money. So I am supposed to be getting a credit on my next VISA statement. Thanks for all the help everyone, the people on the Princess boards are the most helpful.

:confused: Hello,

I got my final cruise docs - no shipboard credit - am supposed to have them from the TA. Asked TA about it and she said they would be in our room when we get on the ship - does this sound right????? Thanks for any info!

Jess

:confused: Hello,

I got my final cruise docs - no shipboard credit - am supposed to have them from the TA. Asked TA about it and she said they would be in our room when we get on the ship - does this sound right????? Thanks for any info!

Jess

If that's what your TA said, then that's probably what will happen. Sometimes there are no 'specials' on that include on board credit (that the TA sells) but the TA will 'gift' you on board credit. In that case it will be waiting for you in your room. You will have a slip of paper waiting for you that will say:

TO: Jess

ON BOARD CREDIT Amount: $XXX

(This amount will be credited your on-board account the day of departure)

Have a great trip!

You will have a slip of paper waiting for you that will say:

TO: Jess

ON BOARD CREDIT Amount: $XXX

(This amount will be credited your on-board account the day of departure)

Have a great trip!

Your shipboard account will start at -$xxx.00 and as you charge it will be used up. You can get a print out of your statement at the Purser's Desk anytime during the cruise.

Alright I am confused.

We did an open booking on board. The personalizer shows under cruise credits - $100 and says that it was applied to the booking. But under onboard credits it shows $0 -

Now I am confused - I thought we got on board credits for booking onboard - we are booked in a mini suite - so isn't that like $50pp on board credit. Actually my husband shows $50 on board credit.

Why is it showing that my future cruise credits are applied but not showing any onboard credits?

Lillykat, we had the same problem with the Capt Circle Savings account only showing the onboard credit for one of us. I called Capt. Circle and talked with them. They confirmed that we both had the shipboard credit on our booking, but didn't know why it was only showing up on one of our accounts. I did get a new confirmation from my TA that showed the onboard credit after I specifically asked for it. So I suggest that you call Capt. Circle with your booking number and find out if the onboard credit is applied for both of you on your booking.

No - just the shipboard credit and other items the TA was giving us - I will try contacting Princess - I would assume if it is on DH's personalizer it should not be a problem to add it or check it for mine - it does clearly show that it was an onboard booking - so that should help.

The only reason I was concerned is we had a HUGE problem with items I ordered for a celebration on board our first princess cruise. We got a special occasions package and an extra bottle of champagne and paid for chocolate covered strawberries - and we had a photo coming from our TA package. Champagne was no problem - neither was the package - BUT we never received a certificate for the photos or the strawberries - after arguing all week with our room steward who kept telling us we couldn't have the canapes AND the strawberries (canapes came with the package and I paid for the strawberries) the front desk would confirm we were entitled to it and so we would order them - then when they didn't arrive we would check with room service who would tell us the room steward cancelled the order.

We had a similar experience with our photos - where they told us we didn't have any photo credits since they didn't have a card - and to go to the front desk - who said it was clearly in the computer and that we had to leave the receipts and come back later to get it cleared up.

What drove us crazy was that the front desk said these things should never have been a problem they were all in the computer and that room service and photo must have been too lazy to look it up and confirm this.

So you can see why if it was not showing in the computer we might be slightly concerned...LOL - sorry for the long explanation.

I am very confused with the amount of onboard credit that is showing up on cruise documents I just received. To give some background, I calculate that I should have $300 and that my partner in the same cabin should have $200. We each should have $100 each from a future cruise deposit and $100 from the travel agent. So that is $200 each so far. But I also referred 4 people to Princess and I should have $25 for each, thus another $100 for this cruise. In my documents it shows $200, so I thought, maybe the credit from the TA doesn't show up yet. But my partner is showing the full $200 that he should have including the amount from the Travel Agent... So next I call Princess. They tell me that their records show, and my Captain's Circle account confirms this, that I have $100 from referrals and $100 from the future cruise deposit. They claim that there is nothing from the TA on it. But then how and why does the TA's onboard credit show up on my partner's documents already? I'm really confused. The only thing that I can think up is that the referral credits aren't showing up on the documents. Has anyone else had this happen?:confused:

You definitely need to call your travel agent and have her or him check on it. Your FCC for the referrals should show up if you booked this cruise after the referrals. If it was booked before the referrals, then you won't get the credit until the next cruise you book. The TA group credit should be on there and your credit from Princess, the only way to get it cleared up is to call your agent.

Sorry to everyone that helped me on this matter. I got distracted and forgot all about the thread I started. Anyhow, after numerous phone calls and emails back and forth with my TA this is how it is. You guys were correct in that the referral credits are supposed to be used as a discount on the cost of the cruise. Princess was correct in that they applied it to my cruise, but the TA didn't pass on the discount. I finally explained it to the TA and she checked and confirmed that they owe me money. So I am supposed to be getting a credit on my next VISA statement. Thanks for all the help everyone, the people on the Princess boards are the most helpful.

Glad you got it straightened out, sorry I didn't read until after I answered.

Archived