A Breeze of a Week March 6-12

tvlworm

My kids loved camp ocean, on both cruises, including on the Breeze. Had to force them to have family time. They really keep them entertained.

I wish mine would at least have tried it but it didn't bother me either way. That's honestly what I love most about cruising is the opportunity to spend time together completely disconnected for an entire week - no phones, tablets, computers and only tv before bed. It did look really nice and seemed like they had fun activities planned!

Thanks for all positive feedback and comments! Glad it's being enjoyed :)

Our next day was another port day and was one I was most excited to bring my mom and kids too, Grand Cayman.

I'd read many comments on the slow tender process and wanted to be up and at it to get off and have a full day on the island. It was a bit breezy and I honestly was worried that we weren't going to be able to port and was relieved we did without issue. I'm not sure how windy it has to be for that to happen. After they announced that tender service was ready (after the fttf/platinum etc) we walked down the stairs and away we went. Must not have been too many other early birds as there were only 15-20 people max on the tender boat.

The downtown area where the tender service brings you is full of colorful buildings and every type of store, including a ton of jewelry. It's a night and day difference from Jamaica. The water color in the harbor is simply stunning. The downside to getting off so early is that many of the shops were not yet open. Little by little they started opening so we strolled around and ended up at another port area to the left of the Carnival area until it was time for us to meet up for our excursion, a 2.5hr island tour/turtle farm combo through Captain Marvins at 930a.

Our tour guide, Tim was fantastic, extremely knowledgeable in the history and culture of the area. Our tour started downtown showing the post office, government buildings and other landmarks. We then headed towards the west bay area stopping for photo ops at the governors residence and Seven Mile Beach which is post card perfect. Our next stops before the Turtle Farm included Hell and the Tortuga Rum Cake factory store. They had many samples of both various cakes and rums :)

The turtle farm portion of the tour was very interesting to hear how they had such a huge impact on the island and the efforts to restore the population of these gentle giants. There were a few opportunities to touch and hold the younger turtles, between October and April they even have tiny baby turtles in their nursery but none available to hold during our visit.

After the turtle farm we headed back towards the downtown area, we asked if he would drop us off instead at Public Beach, which he was happy to do since it was along the way.

It was almost noon so the beach was busy but still plenty of chairs with vendors renting umbrellas if needed. Calico Jacks is on this beach which serves food and drinks with plenty of shaded tables. There were other vendors too selling food, coconuts and cold beverages along the beach as well. There is also a huge water play area for kids, there is a charge $12 for that though. We had a great afternoon soaking up the beautiful sun and scenery. We left about 2p to get back to the ship taking the local bus which stopped right at the beach, there were plenty of taxis too. The tender process returning to the ship was very quick and easy.

We grabbed a bite to eat at Guy's and that night watched the Dive In movie, Mission Impossible. I wanted to stay up for Creed but my eyes said otherwise and it was another early night for all of us.

Our last port day was in Cozumel and we booked an all-inclusive day at Mr Sanchos. I was really excited as it has rave reviews.

The weather was a mix of clouds and sun with a pretty strong breeze. I love the port of Cozumel, there are numerous shops and restaurants as soon as you get off the ship along with a large, pretty well organized taxi stand for anyone doing their own excursion with all rates clearly posted.

We were off the ship not long after arriving in and immediately hopped in a cab. The drive to Mr Sanchos was maybe 10m or so. They have two entries for the all inclusive and pay as you go sides of the resort. They also have quite a few vendors in this area as well selling various items. Each party has one dedicated server for the whole day which is great and Juan, our server was very attentive and always checking if we needed anything.

The resort is pretty large with a few pools with swim up bars, relaxing hammock area and tons and tons of beach chairs. There are a few dining options a buffet and a full menu that yiu can order from at the beach, pool wherever. There's also a large palapa style building with tables and chairs. Any type of fruity/tropical drinks along with water and pop is included too. You can add on additional options such as massages, horseback riding, aqua park, parasailing and even fish pedicures. There are people also walking around with parrots and iguanas for photo opportunities.

It really is a beautiful place with great service. We did add on the aqua park which the kids loved. We tried a variety of food and all was good. I limited myself on the fun, fruity drinks in favor of water instead as when the sun came out it, it seemed really intense and didn't take long on my already sun kissed skin before I retreated back to the shade. Due to the wind the waves and water was on the rough side making our attempts at snorkeling almost impossible as the water was very cloudy.

We made almost a full day at Mr Sanchs, heading back to the port area around 3p. There were dozens of taxis ready and waiting outside the exit. My mom and daughter wanted to shop a bit at the port while my son and I continued directly for the ship. We both got cleaned up, ordered room service BLTs and sat out on the balcony watching all the people return to the ship. Had a fun game of who could spot the first person looking for specific things like a person in a Sombrero, wearing a tropical shirt, had their hair braided etc.

After the other two returned we planned on going to the dining room for dinner. We had a table at the windows on the portside of the ship. There was an excursion that was really late in getting back so instead of a few pier runners there was at least a hundred or more. Dinner was great as usual and since we were one of the first groups eating, very prompt service. After dinner we stayed in the atrium lobby people watching and listening to the music until the Divas Playlist Production show started. It was another high energy performance and was a fun show.

We headed to the lido for ice cream and other sweets and by this time the wind had picked up even more and was a slightly rocky night but made for good sleeping! :)

1458133325384.jpg.addc2d7c22c5caa5ac1507eef0e2f142.jpg

1458133339673.jpg.ef50f03ec44b2fd44872988a3a08232b.jpg

1458133357168.jpg.1adc9637e85d3984bf1a8e99b5da39c3.jpg

1458133412469.jpg.32ff4e321322f4ca911ae7463694a019.jpg

1458133438895.jpg.3de46f2ab0df01764f7b19edc6151e4c.jpg

1458133455991.jpg.a8a44ab4906d3d15752126169527e5c1.jpg

Our last port day was in Cozumel and we booked an all-inclusive day at Mr Sanchos. :)

We also have Mr Sancho's booked so glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Just a couple questions...

~ Do you pay extra to rent beach chairs and umbrellas?

~ What food did you order? Anything you'd recommend?

~ Did the adults do the water inflatables too or just the kids? Do they give you some sort of bracelet when you add that on?

~ What's the deal with the water? Everyone says don't drink the water/ice in Mexico. Are drinks bottled/cans?

Thanks!

We also have Mr Sancho's booked so glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Just a couple questions...

~ Do you pay extra to rent beach chairs and umbrellas?

~ What food did you order? Anything you'd recommend?

~ Did the adults do the water inflatables too or just the kids? Do they give you some sort of bracelet when you add that on?

~ What's the deal with the water? Everyone says don't drink the water/ice in Mexico. Are drinks bottled/cans?

Thanks!

There is no additional charge for beach chairs, umbrellas or tables. When you first enter they show you around to where different things are located and bring you to your chairs. Since the kids did have the water inflatable wristbands our table and beach chairs were directly in front of that area. And then they introduced you to your waiter/host.

There were a few adults in the inflatable area but they have to also buy a wristband and are $12.

If you ordered water, it was bottled but the pop and other drinks came in a glass. My favorite was the fish Tacos for the food we also ordered nachos, quesadillas, my son had the shrimp cocktail and loved it.

If we make it back to Cozumel I'd book it again for sure!

We are sailing on the Breeze in September from Galveston.

We also plan on going to Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel. So wonderful to hear you loved it.

Did you pay ahead of time online or when you arrived?

Edited by tcwoah

We are sailing on the Breeze in September from Galveston.

We also plan on going to Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel. So wonderful to hear you loved it.

Did you pay ahead of time online or when you arrived?

I reserved online in advance. To confirm is a $5 deposit per person with the rest due at check in.

We were the people getting off while you were waiting to get on. The Breeze is our favorite ship!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

It's my favorite now too! Hope you are having a great cruise!

I reserved online in advance. To confirm is a $5 deposit per person with the rest due at check in.

How is the aquatic park at Mr. Sancho's? We will be taking a 6 & 7 year old. They are both good swimmers. Did you see younger kids out there able to climb the toys?

How is the aquatic park at Mr. Sancho's? We will be taking a 6 & 7 year old. They are both good swimmers. Did you see younger kids out there able to climb the toys?

It was nice! They do have free life jackets available and there were kids of all ages playing. It was pretty windy the day we were there which made it a bit more challenging get on especially the teter-tottor type inflatable.

Going to wrap up with our last sea day and disembarkation morning. Our last day at sea way a mighty windy one, with winds steady between 40-50 knots and gusting upwards of 70 knots! I almost didn't believe the numbers the map/navigation channel was showing and looking back, I wish I would have taken a picture! The wind was from the NE so we were heading right into it. It wasn't nearly as rocky as one would have thought with that wind direction playing a huge difference.

Despite the wind, it was sunny and warm. Our first plan of the day is one of my favorites, Suess at Sea breakfast! We went to this on the Magic as well and had to do it again! It's hosted in the dining room and is $5 per person and completely worth it! I'm not sure where else you could get a filet mignon and eggs for $5! The other food on the menu is definitely geared for the kids--green eggs and ham, cereal crusted french toast, red and white pancakes, they really go all out! They do have cereals for anyone less adventurous. I'll stop here to add pictures from breakfast, including the menu before continuing on.

1458263693043.jpg.91ae6850202ffd5a690698cd3c8ccb9b.jpg

1458263706902.jpg.31736cb808839532243b1a3f65a3e709.jpg

1458263726823.jpg.5d4682b33cbf2d8e502213ef3c4c90e2.jpg

1458263745605.jpg.7aaccb3090b91036fc145ce8d77ac6d8.jpg

1458263761131.jpg.dc7d8f440dcc920e4f2a1632ce268c1f.jpg

1458263771697.jpg.63a285708a046be64bfc000266d1c068.jpg

1458263783862.jpg.2c5c352d1fab184586442927aeef1045.jpg

The food as crazy as it looks was really good. I couldn't quite work up the nerve to try the green eggs and ham so I'm taking my kids word for that one! It's starts off with an assortment of pastries followed by what you ordered off the menu. After all the characters have made their way through to stamp your autograph page and take pictures the meal is wrapped up with dessert parfaits. Can't find a better brunch value!

After breakfast I headed to the cabin for the fun job of doing laundry to start packing up. I buy the $1 jug of gain and dryer sheets from the local dollar store to bring with. The idea of doing laundry on vacation is never a fun one but makes up for it once you get home and having one less thing to do. Apparently last day laundry is quite popular as that was where the party was at lol. Every machine was in use with people waiting to claim the next one to open up. It's $3 each to wash and dry and uses the sign and sail card for payment. 3 washers and 6 dryers were available. After the excitement of laundry, went to find where and what everyone was doing. No one was feeling like a day out in the windy sun and instead looked for stuff to do around the ship. Played a few rounds of trivia and the kids viewed the remaining thrill theater shows they hadn't yet seen and went with a few other kids to play foosball.

We all met up at the lido for the chocolate extravaganza and oh my gosh, it's chocolate lovers paradise. The lines did get long quick but was worth the indulgence. Late afternoon we again went to Ocean plaza for trivia as my 12yr old really wanted to see how good he could do at Big Bang Theory trivia. He is a super fan of the show and did way better than I could ever do with 11 out of 15. Not bad but not enough for the ship on a stick.

Dive in movie that night was family night and started earlier at 6p with Inside Out. After the movie finished, we returned to the room to finish packing up we were all shocked to find our 2nd towel animal of the trip.

Woke up bright and early the next morning to the beep-beep from the forklifts letting us know we were back in Miami. Before I knew it I could hear a speaker announcement coming from the hall, it was Mike, the director advising we had been cleared already from customs and would be starting the self assist disembarkation process. It wasn't even 7a yet!

We were doing the self assist as we had again done a one way car rental from the port to FLL. Our flight wasn't until 4p so we originally planned on driving to the everglades. But since we were off way earlier than planned we checked and was able to change to an earlier flight leaving at 1230p, yay southwest! So it was a quick scramble to get the kids up and before we new it we were dojng the sad walk off the ship and at customs which too was quick. We were off the ship and waiting for the car rental shuttle bus by 730a.

When we got to the airport, the motion from the day and night had really caught up to me. Sitting still was a bit rough so I found myself walking around the airport quite a bit! Once we got in the air it was fine again along with the drive home thank god! Glad I had all day Sunday to recoup and recover.

In all it was a wonderful trip and it was sad to see it end, spend so much time waiting in anticipation and it goes by so quickly. Already looking at our options for next years spring break! Until then I get to live vicariously through CC :)

Safe travels and thanks for reading!

Thanks for your review.......we board April 3rd

Jamaica......going to Riu Ocho Rios All Inclusive for the day

GC.............mandatory Stingray City with Acquarius

Coz............going to Nachi Cocom for the 3rd time (unsolicited plug)

Were there older kids (10-11) at the Dr. Seuss breakfast? I want to do it myself for fun, but the two kids think its too 'babyish' for them.

Thanks for your review.......we board April 3rd

Jamaica......going to Riu Ocho Rios All Inclusive for the day

GC.............mandatory Stingray City with Acquarius

Coz............going to Nachi Cocom for the 3rd time (unsolicited plug)

Were there older kids (10-11) at the Dr. Seuss breakfast? I want to do it myself for fun, but the two kids think its too 'babyish' for them.

I think the Riu is the resort you can see from the ship at the dock, here is a partial picture of it if that's the place.

My kids went to Dr Suess, 10yr old really wanted to do it again, 12yr old not so much. I'd go with or without kids, I loved it. It's not as cheesy as one would think it would be and they go over the top with the decorations which I too liked but I'm kind of a big kid like that. The Dr Seuss area at Universal Orlando is one of my favorites :)

1458318923651.jpg.85a1d7c19a9627f5bf2078ba3e25000f.jpg