?s 1st balcony on pride

This is my first balcony! Its also obstructed v. I am traveling on the pride and will be in cabin #5164. I do have a few questions if anyone has time to answer.

1. I realize that this is obstructed view but will I still be able to see the ocean from my deck chair? sitting down?

2. Also, is there a way to keep the balcony door open at night? or is this frowned upon?

If anyone has any tips, tricks, or otherwise advice, please feel free to leave me comments!

Thanks for your time!

This is my first balcony! Its also obstructed v. I am traveling on the pride and will be in cabin #5164. I do have a few questions if anyone has time to answer.

1. I realize that this is obstructed view but will I still be able to see the ocean from my deck chair? sitting down?

2. Also, is there a way to keep the balcony door open at night? or is this frowned upon?

If anyone has any tips, tricks, or otherwise advice, please feel free to leave me comments!

Thanks for your time!

We LOVED the Pride. If you go to ...cruiseline rooms dot com

you will see actual photos of actual pax on the Pride of these cabins. Unfortunately, there is not one of 5164, but there are many other one's...like 5166, 5165.....etc. Go to the website I posted above.

Click on Carnival

Click on Pride

Click on Upper Deck Cabin Pictures.

Then click on all of the surrounding cabins to yours.

PS...please eat a Guys burger for me.:):)

I'm going to have my first balcony room too on the Pride.. Oct 2016. Mine is also an obstructed view.

If you google "Pride obstructed view" and click on images, you'll see them.

You will have one of the bigger lifeboats(as will I, I'm in 5152) but you'll be able to see the ocean, straight out..you will not be able to look down. I doubt you'd see much from sitting though. I'm fine with this because I just want to be able to get some air.

I've heard conflicting things about the balcony and propping the door open. Some people say it does affect the AC, others say it doesn't. That said, people do take bungee cords to keep the door open.

We had room 5150 before. as mentioned before the first 3 lifeboats are larger and they really do obstruct your view. here are some pictures from our room. i did not like them and will not book them again. but hey, it's still a balcony! a nice quiet place to enjoy your own lil piece of paradise :)

DSCN2445.jpg.7d21e45e1e415d44ae2c4913879e293c.jpg

DSCN2446.jpg.4553777642801f638929fcec72041488.jpg

Thanks for your time!

the life boats are below your balcony not right in front of you. you will still see them but you can definitely look straight out from your balcony and see the ocean and the scenery. if you are on your balcony and look straight down you will see nothing but the life boat. so if you are sitting in a chair on your balcony looking out you will see the top of the life boat extending like 5 feet then open ocean or the scenery. here is a good picture off of the internet.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=obstructed+view+cabins+on+carnival+pride&view=detailv2&qpvt=obstructed+view+cabins+on+carnival+pride&id=90A6EE8A85C5E1DF86F2058ABC6FBA81B8DAD470&selectedIndex=4&ccid=ggStjqr1&simid=607994613567652190&thid=OIP.M8204ad8eaaf5e51c93942aedc7b05457o0&ajaxhist=0

the life boats are below your balcony not right in front of you. you will still see them but you can definitely look straight out from your balcony and see the ocean and the scenery. if you are on your balcony and look straight down you will see nothing but the life boat. so if you are sitting in a chair on your balcony looking out you will see the top of the life boat extending like 5 feet then open ocean or the scenery. here is a good picture off of the internet.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=obstructed+view+cabins+on+carnival+pride&view=detailv2&qpvt=obstructed+view+cabins+on+carnival+pride&id=90A6EE8A85C5E1DF86F2058ABC6FBA81B8DAD470&selectedIndex=4&ccid=ggStjqr1&simid=607994613567652190&thid=OIP.M8204ad8eaaf5e51c93942aedc7b05457o0&ajaxhist=0

The cabin you show is farther back with a smaller lifeboat.

been on the pride twice and april 15th will be the 3rd , my first was obstructed and was able to see the ocean just not straight down that was fine with me last year I paid the extra and got extended balcony which look like the same obstructed view so this time im back on the 5th deck which I prefer im in cabin 5168