Actual Decrease in Drink Packages haha

Here's a list (in date order) of the sailings it's been confirmed on if people want to copy and paste in their own posts and add to it. It would help people coming to the thread later.

Anthem - 10 day - April 8

Rhapsody - Transatlantic 14 nights - April 10

Splendour of the Seas - 16 days Suez Canal - April 16

Serenade - 11 night Southern Caribbean - April 18

Allure - May 1

Independence - Transatlantic - May 1

Allure - May 8

Ovation of the Seas - 16 nights - May 10

Allure - May 15

Anthem - June 2

Jewel - Rome - July 17

:( I am on LOTS March 24th. No discount but I have emailed them to ask if there will be one soon.

I was up with the lark this morning just to double check the purchase of DH's Select Package still included the 20% discount and didn't include gratuities.

The answer is yes on both counts - £424.17 is the total price with £0.00 being added for gratuities. :)

I have printed confirmation of it - the only slight cloud on the horizon being I've not received a confirmation email as yet? Do you think this is enough confirmation (once I've checked to see whether the money has come out our bank account) or should I get in touch with Royal Caribbean just to make sure all's ok, although it looks that way to me. Phew!

Both the Grandeur March 20 and Rhapsody May 13 sailings offer it.

Is it a bit weird that they offer a discount on the drink package at the start of spring break season (when normally they bump up prices)?:confused:

Hmmm...I wonder if it's combinable with an additional C&A discount on the ship....

Edited by Biker19

Would it be so hard to just say , drink package sale on cruise x and y on these dates ... Maybe there just trying to drive more traffic to there web site by making us all go look for our selfs

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Perhaps RCL isn't advertising the price drops more, to avoid tipping off guests that have already booked at full price and would cancel then rebook if they knew about the sale?

Only those guests who are looking for information about the packages (and those on CC) will happen upon the discount, and the added incentive of 20% off might be the incentive they need to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was up with the lark this morning just to double check the purchase of DH's Select Package still included the 20% discount and didn't include gratuities.

The answer is yes on both counts - £424.17 is the total price with £0.00 being added for gratuities. :)

I have printed confirmation of it - the only slight cloud on the horizon being I've not received a confirmation email as yet? Do you think this is enough confirmation (once I've checked to see whether the money has come out our bank account) or should I get in touch with Royal Caribbean just to make sure all's ok, although it looks that way to me. Phew!

I never got a confirmation email either, but it does show up in my order history on the cruise planner page. I don't think I have gotten a confirmation on anything I have pre purchased, is this something I should look in to? I purchased the drink package last night around 6:30est.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I never got a confirmation email either, but it does show up in my order history on the cruise planner page. I don't think I have gotten a confirmation on anything I have pre purchased, is this something I should look in to? I purchased the drink package last night around 6:30est.

When I booked last night, it asked for my CC details, billing address with phone number etc, then further below that again I had to fill out some more boxes repeating some of that information again to get an email. The email arrived pretty promptly with the subject line "Cruise Planner Summary".

Check your spam folder? It's from a DoNotReply address, so possibly went to spam.

Many people spend a lot of money not only on the cruise itself, but on flights, hotels, cruise tours, etc. Yet, judging from the posts I see on here, the most cause for concern are the prices of beverage packages. Which, by and large, are for those interested in alcoholic beverages - which do nothing for you really. Surely I can't be the only one that finds loads of humor and stupidity in this..

Many people spend a lot of money not only on the cruise itself, but on flights, hotels, cruise tours, etc. Yet, judging from the posts I see on here, the most cause for concern are the prices of beverage packages. Which, by and large, are for those interested in alcoholic beverages - which do nothing for you really. Surely I can't be the only one that finds loads of humor and stupidity in this..

I get where you're coming from, but everyone's situation is different. I know, for example, that I'd "make use of" $300 worth of coffees, fresh OJ, cocktails, wine, water and soft drinks in a week. I wouldn't use $480 worth, so therefore wouldn't buy the Ultimate package - I'd normally buy the Replenish package and add alcohol as desired. However, if I can get the Ultimate Package for $300 or very slightly above, then it becomes worth it to me. My patterns of imbibing won't change much, but it does offer me the freedom to try drinks I may not have tried before without worrying about that extra $10 on my bill at the end of the cruise.

It's purely psychological. If I couldn't afford that extra $10, I couldn't afford to cruise. Having the drinks package adds to the relaxation of the holiday - not because I'm going to get drunk at 8am every day and stay drunk, but because of the illusion of freedom it provides.

You could argue that in that case I should always buy the ultimate package regardless of price, but if the price is perceived to be too high, there is a different kind of pressure around wondering whether you got good value, or "wasted" money. The fact that you just spent $100 on airline baggage fees just so you could bring 2 extra pairs of shoes you'll never wear is irrelevant :)

When I booked last night, it asked for my CC details, billing address with phone number etc, then further below that again I had to fill out some more boxes repeating some of that information again to get an email. The email arrived pretty promptly with the subject line "Cruise Planner Summary".

Check your spam folder? It's from a DoNotReply address, so possibly went to spam.

I booked about 9.30pm UK time and went through the same scenario as above - could have sworn it flashed up I'd get an email, hence my concern. There's nothing in my spam folder but my purchases (discounted Select & full price Royal Replenish Packages) are shown as bought on my Cruise Planner. Hmmm, might give them a shout.

Judging by the amount of posts on here, I would surely bet you are the only one that finds it stupid......anytime somebody's can save $150+ then I should think that people would care. If the drink packages aren't something you're interested I then why are you reading through this thread?

If it weren't for this thread, I would have spent $150 more then I needed to.

I booked about 9.30pm UK time and went through the same scenario as above - could have sworn it flashed up I'd get an email, hence my concern. There's nothing in my spam folder but my purchases (discounted Select & full price Royal Replenish Packages) are shown as bought on my Cruise Planner. Hmmm, might give them a shout.

I am in the same boat as you.. I was wondering if I should be concerned as well. I am going to see if I can get them to send me a confirmation as well because I have a feeling I will be having to defend this price once I am on the ship. I will definitely be calling this morning to see if I can get it in email form.. hope it all works out for you.

Edited by angelofsin

Judging by the amount of posts on here, I would surely bet you are the only one that finds it stupid......anytime somebody's can save $150+ then I should think that people would care. If the drink packages aren't something you're interested I then why are you reading through this thread?

If it weren't for this thread, I would have spent $150 more then I needed to.

I thought to respond to the other message but I have learned from my time on this forum that there will always be instigators in every thread. I have just learned to ignore those folks that aren't really adding to the discussion.

People are excited to save money, period. Doesn't really matter whether it's on alcohol or on some other aspect of the cruise.

If any of the items you listed (cruise fare, flights, hotel, tours) were to go on sale 20%+ off, I think you'd find equal concern to what you're seeing here about beverage packages.

No humor or stupidity in saving money.

Cruise fare, flights, hotel, and tours don't get me inebriated. :p So yes, personally I find it stupid, but too each their own! :o

People are excited to save money, period. Doesn't really matter whether it's on alcohol or on some other aspect of the cruise.

If any of the items you listed (cruise fare, flights, hotel, tours) were to go on sale 20%+ off, I think you'd find equal concern to what you're seeing here about beverage packages.

No humor or stupidity in saving money.

I am in the same boat as you.. I was wondering if I should be concerned as well. I am going to see if I can get them to send me a confirmation as well because I have a feeling I will be having to defend this price once I am on the ship. I will definitely be calling this morning to see if I can get it in email form.. hope it all works out for you.

Hi, I've just given them a phone and been told that I should receive my confirmation email within the next 20 mins, so am assuming all's well there. What I did notice though is that here in the UK, the prices have gone down slightly since last night - but are still inclusive of all gratuities. :)

I get where you're coming from, but everyone's situation is different. I know, for example, that I'd "make use of" $300 worth of coffees, fresh OJ, cocktails, wine, water and soft drinks in a week. I wouldn't use $480 worth, so therefore wouldn't buy the Ultimate package - I'd normally buy the Replenish package and add alcohol as desired. However, if I can get the Ultimate Package for $300 or very slightly above, then it becomes worth it to me. My patterns of imbibing won't change much, but it does offer me the freedom to try drinks I may not have tried before without worrying about that extra $10 on my bill at the end of the cruise.

It's purely psychological. If I couldn't afford that extra $10, I couldn't afford to cruise. Having the drinks package adds to the relaxation of the holiday - not because I'm going to get drunk at 8am every day and stay drunk, but because of the illusion of freedom it provides.

You could argue that in that case I should always buy the ultimate package regardless of price, but if the price is perceived to be too high, there is a different kind of pressure around wondering whether you got good value, or "wasted" money. The fact that you just spent $100 on airline baggage fees just so you could bring 2 extra pairs of shoes you'll never wear is irrelevant :)

Great insights! The emotional side of this decision plays a big part. For those people that 'could never drink that much' or 'could easily drink that much' the decision is easy. I wonder if people do this much analysis on their cell phone data plan selection?

Edited by silvermcs