Full bottle Liquor Purchase

If you are allowed two bottles of wine per cabin, how can they tell that your bottles do in fact contain wine and not any other liquor?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

They do sometimes inspect the bottles looking for broken seals.

If I decide to take on board 2 bottles of wine on embarkation they will be in my suitcase and not in my carry on bag. Does this mean that they may possibly ask me to open my suitcase so that my bottles can be checked? I am new to cruising and find it unbelievable that Royal Caribbean can be so mean that they will not allow say one bottle of whisky for use in your cabin for a nightcap. One bottle of spirits is hardly going to affect your spend on liquor on board over a 14 night holiday. I am a spirit drinker and not a wine drinker but if wine is all I am allowed to take on board then wine it will have to be.

If I decide to take on board 2 bottles of wine on embarkation they will be in my suitcase and not in my carry on bag. Does this mean that they may possibly ask me to open my suitcase so that my bottles can be checked? I am new to cruising and find it unbelievable that Royal Caribbean can be so mean that they will not allow say one bottle of whisky for use in your cabin for a nightcap. One bottle of spirits is hardly going to affect your spend on liquor on board over a 14 night holiday. I am a spirit drinker and not a wine drinker but if wine is all I am allowed to take on board then wine it will have to be.

Yes, there is an excellent chance that your suitcase will be held in the naughty room for inspection of its contents. You can purchase al the spirits you want, just not by the bottle.

Yes, they may ask you to open your suitcase to inspect anything they find suspicious.

Best to have wine in your carry on. Buy at duty free or in local supermarket if you are spending time there before you sail! However some people have managed to take a 3 litre winebox undetected!!! You could also pack a few minatures in your toilet bag! Or else sail with P and 0 to Caribbean lots malts at great prices and no problems taking on board from islands!!

If you are a suite guest the answer is yes but you need to purchase a little more than just the bottle. Suite Guest can have private parties within their suites and purchase whole bottles, and with a server for a set time frame. Anything left after your half hour, hour or ..... party will be left with you.

But it is not cheap, must be in a suite, hire server $50 & up, and buy form the bottle from about $175 & up. If you have a non suite room these services are not offered.

If you stop over in Venice or Athens they have a duty free shop after your bags have passed through the ports bag scanner so you can buy any spirits you like as the ship doesn't scan the bag as its already been through the ports scanner.

Does anyone know of any other ports in Europe that do this?

If you stop over in Venice or Athens they have a duty free shop after your bags have passed through the ports bag scanner so you can buy any spirits you like as the ship doesn't scan the bag as its already been through the ports scanner.

Malaga.

There's a store in Barcelona after security. No idea if they screen onboard when returning to the ship though, we've only ever embarked there.

There's a store in Barcelona after security. No idea if they screen onboard when returning to the ship though, we've only ever embarked there.

On our Vision transatlantic from Barcelona last year, they had set up a secondary screening of carry on bags inside the ship.