Recent Pride Cruisers.......

happy cruzin

For those of you who have recently sailed the Pride - specifically the Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport itinerary I am in search of MDR menus.

We sail in June and have never sailed with the American Table menus - so I have no sense of what is offered which nights or how the menus may rotate.

I am looking to schedule some evenings in the Steakhouse - and I'd like to base it on the MDR choices. I believe my research is correct and the Elegant nights are Monday (the first sea day) and Friday (after we are in Freeport) - but that's all I have to work with at this point. :o

Search comes up with some information and photos - but not specifically which menu option are offered which evening.

Thanks so much!

For those of you who have recently sailed the Pride - specifically the Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport itinerary I am in search of MDR menus.

We sail in June and have never sailed with the American Table menus - so I have no sense of what is offered which nights or how the menus may rotate.

I am looking to schedule some evenings in the Steakhouse - and I'd like to base it on the MDR choices. I believe my research is correct and the Elegant nights are Monday (the first sea day) and Friday (after we are in Freeport) - but that's all I have to work with at this point. :o

Search comes up with some information and photos - but not specifically which menu option are offered which evening.

Thanks so much!

We came off of the Pride a few weeks ago and it was our first Pride cruise with the American Table menu. We were 4 people who have sailed on the Pride with the old menu. What I can tell you is we were pleasantly surprised and we enjoyed all of the choices. I would also add, that we are not picky. In fact, I tried one starter that I had never had before, and it wasn't bad.

The bare tabletops on other than Elegant nights were fine. The water bottles were in holders, so no dripping on the tables, and the bread baskets worked out for us. A few of the things I had were the Caesar salad, stuffed mushrooms, short ribs, escargot, Prime rib, one or two pasta dishes, salmon, just sort of basic dishes. There were other choices I think, based on the port of call, but I didn't try any of those. The pies that were offered at dessert were really good.

Not sure if my description helps, but I always feel that the way certain dishes are prepared they are not prepared the way I would make them, and there is always the chance that I might not like something when dining out. I liked all of our meals in the MDR.

I think if you go to David's Steakhouse on the first night, you get a free bottle of wine. Also, if you like sushi, the sushi restaurant on the Pride is really good.

P.S....Check out the review "21 Days of food and fun" on the Pride Journeys cruise (Pg. 1 or 2) that another poster did. It was a different itinerary, but it has a lot of pictures of some of the dishes that they were offered on their cruise.

I cruise again on the Pride in July and I have also been in search of MDR menus since the switch to American Feast/Table. What I am hoping to find is someone who took a picture of THE MENU each night. My understanding was that the menu would be tailored to have some choices that were representative of whichever port you visited that day. I would also like to make a Steakhouse reservation but not for the first night or the two elegant nights. I think having a sneak peek at the menus would facilitate the decision.:D

I'd like to see the new menus from the Pride too. We aren't sailing until July, but I'm sure most of you know - it's so much fun to look and think about the cruise months ahead of time.

If I find them elsewhere - I will try to put them here too! ;) :D

we're sailing april 3 and if I remember I will take pics of the menus! :) Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport itinerary!

That would be AWESOME! If you could come back here and post them - or send them to my email (happycruzin@yahoo.com) I'd REALLY appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
we're sailing april 3 and if I remember I will take pics of the menus! :) Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport itinerary!

Well...you're on board!! I heard about the boarding delay and change of itinerary. :o Hopefully you are still having a good time. :confused:

One other request - if you don't mind. Any chance you could also share what were the DOD's for each day??

Thanks!

We are boarding on April 15, so I'd love to see menus as well. Get those taste buds ready to get tickled! I'm more of an eater than a drinker!

Maybe you could report back the DOD's - if swalton85 doesn't seem my request in time??

Menus for this itinerary are just NOT out there! I have searched every way I can think of and have not come up with much.... :o

Maybe you could report back the DOD's - if swalton85 doesn't seem my request in time??

Menus for this itinerary are just NOT out there! I have searched every way I can think of and have not come up with much.... :o

I'll do it! And I'll keep checking this Thread in case they get posted before we get back!

ok so I was kind of a failure in the menu picture taking department. one reason being they changed our itinerary so we only visited Nassau and Freeport! So I have no Grand Turk, HMC menu pictures. Also, we did not eat in the mdr the first night since we didn't board til 11:30pm!!!! :eek::( A few nights I forgot... so, I will post what i do have. my pictures are not the best lol i felt like a weirdo taking pictures :p

ok so I was kind of a failure in the menu picture taking department. one reason being they changed our itinerary so we only visited Nassau and Freeport! So I have no Grand Turk, HMC menu pictures. Also, we did not eat in the mdr the first night since we didn't board til 11:30pm!!!! :eek::( A few nights I forgot... so, I will post what i do have. my pictures are not the best lol i felt like a weirdo taking pictures :p

Thanks!

Anything you have is better than what I have...which is nothing!! :o ;)

Know that things were crazy for your sailing - hope you still had a good time!