Family of 5 need ideas

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions i'm glad i posted on here because when your nervous you dont think outside of the box

Anyways i will try one. I will definetly wont leave any of my kids in a separate room

The following information doesn't help you for this cruise, but perhaps might prove useful sometime in the future.

In Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend & Miracle), there are balcony cabins that connect with an interior cabin.

These are close to the front of the ship on decks 5,6 & 7.

See cabins 5107, 5108, 6112, 6115, 7107 & 7108 in the following image.

Carnival-Pride-Deck-5-Plan.gifCarnival-Pride-Deck-6-Plan.gifCarnival-Pride-Deck-7-Plan.gif

Edited by hirent

They sell a childrens portable cot at walmart, not too expensive. It folds up like one of those camping chairs. Google portable fold up cot for children. This looks perfect, you can put it in the other room during the day. Your older child can sleep on the couch.

The following information doesn't help you for this cruise, but perhaps might prove useful sometime in the future.

In Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend & Miracle), there are balcony cabins that connect with an interior cabin.

These are close to the front of the ship on decks 5,6 & 7.

See cabins 5107, 5108, 6112, 6115, 7107 & 7108 in the following image.

Carnival-Pride-Deck-5-Plan.gifCarnival-Pride-Deck-6-Plan.gifCarnival-Pride-Deck-7-Plan.gif

Unfortunately it won't help the OP. Those are all double occupancy. None of the Spirit class cabins are for five pax.

There are balcony connected to balcony that are 3-2 see some on Empress Deck 6

Edited by SadieN

Unfortunately it won't help the OP. Those are all double occupancy. None of the Spirit class cabins are for five pax.

There are balcony connected to balcony that are 3-2 see some on Empress Deck 6

huh....say what? :confused:

OP mentioned she has booked two cabins, a balcony and the interior across from it. But she won't be using the interior to sleep.

But in Spirit class ships there are a total of 6 balcony cabins that connect with an interior cabin. Obviously in such configurations, one could book those two cabins and utilize both cabins for sleeping while keeping the connecting doors open.

My post is irrelevant as a solution for her current dilemma since she's sailing on the Breeze, but the information could prove valuable for future possibilities.

:):)

For future reference. Beside the Family cabins that sleep 5 there are a few other ships that would work.

All the Fantasy class and a couple of others (Triumph? Sunshine?). Ships built before 2000 are allowed to have an extra berth brought in. Extra berth would be a rollaway, trundle or crib. It's a very tight fit. More crowded than an RV.

We had 5 in a cabin on Victory, twice. We had a quad balcony cabin with a rollaway. It was tight, but what helped us was having the balcony - it gave DH and me a place at night when youngest son was asleep and a place to go when everyone was getting ready for dinner.

OP mentioned she has booked two cabins, a balcony and the interior across from it. But she won't be using the interior to sleep.

But in Spirit class ships there are a total of 6 balcony cabins that connect with an interior cabin. Obviously in such configurations, one could book those two cabins and utilize both cabins for sleeping while keeping the connecting doors open.

My post is irrelevant as a solution for her current dilemma since she's sailing on the Breeze, but the information could prove valuable for future possibilities.

Was able to visit this set up on the Spirit. It is a wonderful set up, for a family of four with young kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A family of five still needs rooms that have a total occupancy of five, even if they don't need the beds. So, a 2-person balcony connecting to a 2-person interior wouldn't work. But it's a great option for families of four.

Most Carnival ships do have good options for families of five, but the rooms for five and the connecting rooms do sell out, so families have to get creative sometimes.

Maybe I missed it, but why don't you just separate the adults? Mom in one cabin and dad in the other. Then two kids in one cabin and one kid in the other. Seems to make the most sense. That's what we did.

Also, if one of you is at all interested in the Cheers program, you will only have to purchase one, since there is only one adult in the cabin. That's what we do.

I am pretty protective parentwise and I would not have any issue with the kids being across from my room as long as I took our video monitor.

Currently, they're on a different floor than I am, anyway and they'd actually be closer on the ship.

They sell a childrens portable cot at walmart, not too expensive. It folds up like one of those camping chairs. Google portable fold up cot for children. This looks perfect, you can put it in the other room during the day. Your older child can sleep on the couch.

I love this idea! I would have done this when my kids were younger.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17477071?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227014496784&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40340559632&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78298240712&veh=sem

Was able to visit this set up on the Spirit. It is a wonderful set up, for a family of four with young kids.

A family of five still needs rooms that have a total occupancy of five, even if they don't need the beds. So, a 2-person balcony connecting to a 2-person interior wouldn't work. But it's a great option for families of four.

Ah! I understand now.

I overlooked the fact that the cabins are only 2-person occupancy.

Another option is packing a child-size "Ready Bed". It's like a sleeping bag on top of an inflatable mattress. It rolls up nice and small and only takes up about the space of a coat in your suitcase.

Or, you could bring on a Pack n' Play if your 2-year-old is on the small side.