25% discount for British guests

Pamela1

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your good wishes and yes, we have told our Travel Agent about our anniversary so we'll be looking out for "the cake". Last year we had a lot of fun when it was my birthday. We went to Prime 7 for dinner and were provided with two cakes; they thought it was our anniversary as well!! On my birthday the butler decorated our room and the next day he did the same, thinking it was our anniversary!!!

We realise that Regent's T&Cs say that my brother in law couldn't get his money back, but it was still a bit of a shock. I don't know if he tried his travel insurance, but they cancelled because they're moving house, not something traumatic, like a bereavement etc.

Maureen

I remember they dressed our room too, and last year on mariner it was our 30th anniversary, and they really decorated the room again. They do make you feel so special don't they.

The deposits and the rules here are very strict, it is quite restricting if your plans have to change for a reason outwith your control. Jean.

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your good wishes and yes, we have told our Travel Agent about our anniversary so we'll be looking out for "the cake". Last year we had a lot of fun when it was my birthday. We went to Prime 7 for dinner and were provided with two cakes; they thought it was our anniversary as well!! On my birthday the butler decorated our room and the next day he did the same, thinking it was our anniversary!!!

We realise that Regent's T&Cs say that my brother in law couldn't get his money back, but it was still a bit of a shock. I don't know if he tried his travel insurance, but they cancelled because they're moving house, not something traumatic, like a bereavement etc.

Maureen

You can buy a policy for cancel for any reason. I am not sure if it is offered in the UK. Travel Guard sells it but it is expensive.

You can buy a policy for cancel for any reason. I am not sure if it is offered in the UK. Travel Guard sells it but it is expensive.

I had a look at their web site but it looked as though it was not available here. There may be a similar policy in the UK, as lots of new companies are now covering travel insurance. Certain bank accounts that you pay a monthly fee for have travel insurance included along with a lot of other benefits too. Jean.