Horseshoe Bay questions

educator

Okay, beach experts, please help with the following:

1) How many minutes on bus #7 from the dockyard to Horseshoe Bay?

2) How far in minutes from the bus stop to the beach? (elderly person walking)

3) Is there a direct shuttle and how do I get it? How often does it run?

Okay, beach experts, please help with the following:

1) How many minutes on bus #7 from the dockyard to Horseshoe Bay?

2) How far in minutes from the bus stop to the beach? (elderly person walking)

3) Is there a direct shuttle and how do I get it? How often does it run?

1) About 35 minutes minutes.

2) 3 minutes walking down. Or take the top of the hill shuttle. $1 down. $2 up the hill.

3) Direct shuttle to Horseshoe was running last year from transportation zone 6 at the Dockyard for $16 round trip. Starting at 8:00 AM. As soon as they fill up a minibus it leaves. We can't be sure yet about this year.

2) 3 minutes walking down. Or take the top of the hill shuttle. $1 down. $2 up the hill.

3) Direct shuttle to Horseshoe was running last year from transportation zone 6 at the Dockyard for $16 round trip. Starting at 8:00 AM. As soon as they fill up a minibus it leaves. We can't be sure yet about this year.

Is there a shuttle form Hamilton to horseshoe? If so, will it be running on a Sunday this April?

Thanks,

Mara

What is zone 6?

Actually zone 6 is for the "Special" beach bus and #7 and 8 pink buses. For the beach shuttles it is zone 4. At the Dockyard when you get off the ship they have the roadway divided into transportation zones to direct cruise passengers where to catch the various modes of transport. Zone 6 for the buses is actually the hardest to find. It is inside the Dockyard. The other zones are easy. The locations are numbered and have signs. Here is a picture:

3f3285c981f1dbdab73e1fd3772d9f34.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

We are considering taking the ferry from the dockyard to Hamilton, walk around the shops a bit, then going to Coco Reef Resort with a day pass. Do we need to taxi from Hamilton to Coco Reef or is there a bus route that heads that direction?

Thanks,

Jodi

We are considering taking the ferry from the dockyard to Hamilton, walk around the shops a bit, then going to Coco Reef Resort with a day pass. Do we need to taxi from Hamilton to Coco Reef or is there a bus route that heads that direction?

Yes, you could take a taxi but the route #7 bus goes right by CCR. The fare for the taxi would be about $12.00 for 4 passengers, Mon-Sat travel plus tip. The bus fare per adult would be a $4.50 token (2015 fare).

SBtS

Thanks,

Jodi

If you go to Coco Cay Resort save the walking around for the return. You want to utilize your time at the resort. The resort is small and of all the umbrellas are used then you don't have one. Plus you might want to linger over lunch.

Hi everyone, just a quick question... We are a group of 7 adults. We will be going to the Coco Reef Resort on one day, and to Horseshoe Bay another day. Would we go to Zone 4 "Minibuses for hire & beach shuttles"? Or would we go to Zone 2 for the "Taxi for Hire"? Just trying to figure out where to go...

Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone, just a quick question... We are a group of 7 adults. We will be going to the Coco Reef Resort on one day, and to Horseshoe Bay another day. Would we go to Zone 4 "Minibuses for hire & beach shuttles"? Or would we go to Zone 2 for the "Taxi for Hire"? Just trying to figure out where to go...

Thank you in advance!

Go to the taxi area. There are 7 passenger taxis available. One way fare Mon. - Sat. for 7 passengers to Horseshoe Bay would be about $45 plus tip; to Coco Reef about $55 plus tip. A 50% surcharge applies on Sundays.

Go to the taxi area. There are 7 passenger taxis available. One way fare Mon. - Sat. for 7 passengers to Horseshoe Bay would be about $45 plus tip; to Coco Reef about $55 plus tip. A 50% surcharge applies on Sundays.

Yes. Bermuda is not a Caribbean island. Everything is very well run and organized. The taxi dispatcher is standing there ready to help you.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't aware there is a shuttle that can take you up and down the hill. Does this run regularly each day?

Thanks!

I wasn't aware there is a shuttle that can take you up and down the hill. Does this run regularly each day?

Thanks!

Yes. A gentleman has been doing the To The Top Shuttle for years during the beach season. He runs up and down all day. Most people only take it up. He has signs at the bottom.

704bac302c9b3685869cd3c402d4bd8e.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

Yes. A gentleman has been doing the To The Top Shuttle for years during the beach season. He runs up and down all day. Most people only take it up. He has signs at the bottom.

704bac302c9b3685869cd3c402d4bd8e.jpg

Perfect! Thank you very much!

Hi all,

What time do the Horseshoe Beach shuttles (not the buses but the ones that are $16 roundtrip from Dockyard) start running in the morning? On the 2nd day we're docked we'd like to try to get there pretty early...

Thanks for the information!

Hi all,

What time do the Horseshoe Beach shuttles (not the buses but the ones that are $16 roundtrip from Dockyard) start running in the morning? On the 2nd day we're docked we'd like to try to get there pretty early...

Thanks for the information!

We got off the ship for last minute pics on our last day about 8:30-ish in the morning, and those shuttles were lined up with all the regular taxis.

Is this year's shuttle to HSB still $16pp? Is there a different rate for kids? We have a 10, 7 & 5 y.o.

I have been hoping for more trip reports from this year but few mention how they got to the beach. Part of it is that early May is not the best beach season. What I make out is nothing about the $16 pp round trip organized shuttles from last year but that passengers were taking the minibus shuttles for $7 one way. That is actually less than the $16 rt. shuttle. So the shuttles are not organized with tickets but they are still available at a fair price.

I doubt you are going to get a different rate for kids on private transportation. But you could negotiate.

If I were only going to the beach and my family was like yours, number and ages, I would probably take a taxi. Be about $44 for the cab and simplify the trip.

Thanks Charles. unfortunately our group in 8 in total. I hear the mini van/taxi takes 7. Now I'm wondering if the 5 y.o. could be included and sit on a lap. Might be a tight squeeze with our beach stuff too... (pails, shovels, towels). At least taxi would be at the bottom of HSB 8-) hill I believe.

Thanks Charles. unfortunately our group in 8 in total. I hear the mini van/taxi takes 7. Now I'm wondering if the 5 y.o. could be included and sit on a lap. Might be a tight squeeze with our beach stuff too... (pails, shovels, towels). At least taxi would be at the bottom of HSB 8-) hill I believe.

Taxis take a maximum of 7 passengers, but there are numerous mini vans that can take 10, 15, or even more passengers.

Do you still get tokens for the bus at the store in the dockyard ? How much (how many) tokens to take the bus to horseshoe bay beach ?

By store, do you mean the Bermuda Craft Market? An earlier post had tokens available there.

But the 3 Visitor Information Centers are now selling tokens. Tokens are $4.50, and you would need 2 for a trip to and return from HSB.

SBtS