Specialty Restaurants - A La Cart

kristinp36

Hi - New to Norwegian but not new to cruising....also new to A La Cart menu pricing in a specialty restaurant! We are used to a set price at a specialty restaurant regardless of what you order.

We are booked on the Jewel in 2 weeks with A La Cart pricing in 4 of the specialty restaurants. We booked with a discount rate and do not have any dining packages.

How does the pricing work? Where could I find how much it might cost to treat ourselves to the Steakhouse one night. Or the French restaurant?

How does the pricing work? Where could I find how much it might cost to treat ourselves to the Steakhouse one night. Or the French restaurant?

It works just like dining at a land based restaurant. Each item on the menu has a price next to it. You order what you want and you pay the total + 18% service charge at the end of the meal.

You can find current menus at Beyondships and here on the boards through searching.

Cagney's and Le Bistro are both great, you'll love either one!

It works just like dining at a land based restaurant. Each item on the menu has a price next to it. You order what you want and you pay the total + 18% service charge at the end of the meal.

You can find current menus at Beyondships and here on the boards through searching.

Cagney's and Le Bistro are both great, you'll love either one!

Thanks for the info.....Beyondships still has the cover charge menus. I'll have to spend some time trying to find updates.

Pull up the Escape's menus, they have the a la carte menus.
I don't believe that the Jewel has the same à la carte menus as the Escape. They have only announced plans to roll those menus out to 6 other ships for now.

So I'm guessing the Jewel still has the old menus, just with new à la carte pricing. You can find this type of menu for Cagney's and La Cucina (on the Star) in this thread. Someone must have posted Le Bistro by now, but I haven't seen it.

So I'm new to NCL as well. We have a 4 day dining package on our upcoming booking. How does A la carte pricing work with the dining package? Do I get up to a certain amount?

EDIT: I did a quick looking around the website (in case anyone else is wondering) and it looks like you have to pay an additional up charge for A la carte restaurants. I'm assuming after that you can order whatever you want, but who knows. NCL seems to move things around a bit.

So I'm new to NCL as well. We have a 4 day dining package on our upcoming booking. How does A la carte pricing work with the dining package? Do I get up to a certain amount?

EDIT: I did a quick looking around the website (in case anyone else is wondering) and it looks like you have to pay an additional up charge for A la carte restaurants. I'm assuming after that you can order whatever you want, but who knows. NCL seems to move things around a bit.

I was wondering this same thing. Since 3 of the 4 specialty restaurants on the NCL Sun are now a la carte, surely the Specialty Dining Package doesn't only include just one restaurant!

Also, does someone have a link to the new a la carte menus? I know I've seen them before but can't seem to find it again.

I was wondering this same thing. Since 3 of the 4 specialty restaurants on the NCL Sun are now a la carte, surely the Specialty Dining Package doesn't only include just one restaurant!
No, it includes all of the same restaurants as before for no extra charge, that is Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno, and Teppanyaki (that's 5 restaurants, not 4). Even though the first three have gone to à la carte pricing, they are still fully included. The only à la carte venue on the Sun where you would have to pay extra with the SDP is the sushi place.

Also, does someone have a link to the new a la carte menus? I know I've seen them before but can't seem to find it again.

I posted a link in my message above where you can find the new menus for Cagney's and La Cucina. Edited by hawkeyetlse