Splendor Fun Times Wanted

DebbieMo

JKirkN:

Yes I will try :) I have FTTF so hopefully I can. However, I also want to book behind the fun for my 9 year old and I and I have to choose my villa. HAHAHA...can't wait! Congrats on the room, that should be awesome.

Edited by missholly24

It's a completely different menu...and no table cloths.

It's not necessarily bad, but you lose all the great desserts from the original menu...and the new menu is just kind of boring. Nothing fancy like on the old menu.

The old menu had a "didja ever" section that was foods that you might never have had a chance to try...like frogs' legs or alligator...

The new menu doesn't have that...but it has a special menu item for each port you visit... which is kind of nice...especially since that's the ONLY non-denny's type food on the menu ... lol... The prime rib/lobster night is still pretty much the same though...

WHAT ???????? No table cloth in main DR? :eek::eek: OMG.

So I asked John Heald yesterday. I don't know if he knows for sure or not but here is the interaction.

ME:

Greetings Mr. Heald. First a big thank you to all you do for Carnival Cruisers. Mine is a simple request. What is the status of the American Table roll out? I understand it is gearing up again with the Miracle and Sunshine starting the AT just last month. I am specifically interested in the Splendor as I sail her in May. Either menu is fine but I had hope to have the old menu one last time. BTW, I was not a fan of the AT when it was first introduced but have really come to enjoy the offerings.

HIS RESPONSE:

Good morning Janet. There is no definite additions of any more ships at the moment but the Carnival Splendor does have the regular menu. Hope thats OK and I wish you a brilliant cruise , cheers

He responded within 15 minutes

So I asked John Heald yesterday. I don't know if he knows for sure or not but here is the interaction.

ME:

Greetings Mr. Heald. First a big thank you to all you do for Carnival Cruisers. Mine is a simple request. What is the status of the American Table roll out? I understand it is gearing up again with the Miracle and Sunshine starting the AT just last month. I am specifically interested in the Splendor as I sail her in May. Either menu is fine but I had hope to have the old menu one last time. BTW, I was not a fan of the AT when it was first introduced but have really come to enjoy the offerings.

HIS RESPONSE:

Good morning Janet. There is no definite additions of any more ships at the moment but the Carnival Splendor does have the regular menu. Hope thats OK and I wish you a brilliant cruise , cheers

Crossing fingers that it stays that way until AFTER our cruises!!! :)

ME:

HIS RESPONSE:

Good! :):):D

ME:

HIS RESPONSE:

I just asked John and here's his reply:

"The ship still has the regular menu and wont be changing to the American Table. You will have B and B" (bitter 'n blanc)

YAY! Now I don't know if he means it won't change by the time we sail, or if she's not changing at all... but it looks good for May 15th anyway!!! :)

I'm more looking for the restaurants, locations & hours. I'm making up a spreadsheet with the info like the ones here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2321212

OK...someone finally posted the funtimes... this was from the 4/4/16 sailing... Here's the link

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Thorgersen/Carnival%20Splendor%20Fun%20Times/story

If you put together an updated spreadsheet, please share with us!!! :)

OK...someone finally posted the funtimes... this was from the 4/4/16 sailing... Here's the link

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Thorgersen/Carnival%20Splendor%20Fun%20Times/story

If you put together an updated spreadsheet, please share with us!!! :)

I saw that but unfortunately they didn't post the part with the dining options and from what I saw the funtimes are hard to read. I asked the person for the food section so hopefully they post it. I have it on my reminder daily to get it done. Will def share :).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I saw that but unfortunately they didn't post the part with the dining options and from what I saw the funtimes are hard to read. I asked the person for the food section so hopefully they post it. I have it on my reminder daily to get it done. Will def share :).

Umm... the "BacksideofFuntimesSplendor" has that...doesn't it???

BacksideofFunTimesSplendor.jpg.98268f065112dafa7d862806f867ecf2.jpg

12:00-3:15 Lido Buffet

12:00-3:15 Mongolian Grill

12:00-3:15 Burritto

12:00-3:15 Tandoor

12:00-3:15 Rotisserie

12:00-6:00 Grill

Dinner

5:30-9:30 Pinnacle Steakhouse $

6:00-9:30 Splendido Buffet

etc...etc...

and there's the "Open Times" in the middle of that... All very readable...

12:00-3:15 Lido Buffet

12:00-3:15 Mongolian Grill

12:00-3:15 Burritto

12:00-3:15 Tandoor

12:00-3:15 Rotisserie

12:00-6:00 Grill

Dinner

5:30-9:30 Pinnacle Steakhouse $

6:00-9:30 Splendido Buffet

etc...etc...

and there's the "Open Times" in the middle of that... All very readable...

Sorry I must have missed that page when going through it, it is surprisingly easier to read then the others.

I will warn that the spreadsheet won't be as accurate as others I've done because I have no way of knowing if the pic they posted was a sea day or port day or embark/debark which all makes a difference with some of the restaurant hours.

ETA: after zooming in and reading the notes it looks like it's embarkation day. Times are very different on this day and there is no info for breakfast.

Edited by DebbieMo

Hi just an fyi I posted the pics for 9200 on your roll call. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, no American Table yet :)

Yes!!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

And I'm so glad to hear about having the old menu!!! I sure hope John was right and we'll still be on the old menu in May too!

Do you think you'll be able to scan the fun times and post them too? Scans are so much better than photos of the pages... :)

I really hope you find what your looking for. I have in laws cruising with us on they're first cruise and I love the spreed sheets you have done on other ships.

I have it partially done but can't find funtimes to add in the rest. Would be great if someone posted the funtimes but until then I have no way to get the info needed.

I just did full resolution scans of both sides of each days funtimes for Splendor's sailing on April 17th. Feel free to download them if you want to print your own or have digital copy of them. Enjoy. :D

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/bhugo4x4/library/April%202016%20Carnival%20Cruise%20on%20Splendor/Carnival%20Splendor%20Funtimes?sort=3&page=1

OH and the ship is still on old menu during our cruise. I asked our waiter and he didnt know or if Splendor was going to change to AT because its going to China in 2018

Edited by Jeepenfun

I just did full resolution scans of both sides of each days funtimes for Splendor's sailing on April 17th. Feel free to download them if you want to print your own or have digital copy of them. Enjoy. :D

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/bhugo4x4/library/April%202016%20Carnival%20Cruise%20on%20Splendor/Carnival%20Splendor%20Funtimes?sort=3&page=1

OH and the ship is still on old menu during our cruise. I asked our waiter and he didnt know or if Splendor was going to change to AT because its going to China in 2018

Thank you!!