Carry on beverages and snacks

So, I was thinking about not getting a beverage package as I usually just have water and lemon.. but do like an occasional soda. Can you bring canned sodas on board? We are on Liberty in June.

and dd is very picky eater.. so I am bringing some snacks. Any rules or suggestions. I am thinking snacks for the excursions could be helpful. like prepackaged things..

I will be strange no coffee maker or microwave..

Mary

ps is there a DVD in the rooms?

So, I was thinking about not getting a beverage package as I usually just have water and lemon.. but do like an occasional soda. Can you bring canned sodas on board? We are on Liberty in June.

and dd is very picky eater.. so I am bringing some snacks. Any rules or suggestions. I am thinking snacks for the excursions could be helpful. like prepackaged things..

Mary

With regard to soda, it is technically prohibited, but usually allowed.

No DVD player in non-suite staterooms.

Mary

We always bring snacks on board with us for excursions. Make sure they're prepackaged and unopened - we're not to take ship food off the ship except maybe individual sacks of chips or boxes of cereal. The water on the ship is just fine - we bring a refillable water bottle with us and keep it filled from the ice water provided. We've never tried to bring pop onboard but have read that people do it. Just be warned it may be taken away!

Edited by impatientlywaiting

We always bring snacks, especially for excursions and for our 5 yo who finds himself hungry at the oddest times :) As others have said, bring prepackaged items as you are not supposed to take any open food or fresh fruits/vegetables off the ship in port. I make up a gallon ziplock bag that has a couple of small snacks for each person (a small bag of beef jerky, Goldfish crackers, protein bars, the squeezable fruit pouches, ect) and then I just have to throw that in our backpack before we leave. This is especially helpful if you have someone who is limited on what they can/will eat or someone who needs to eat on a schedule.

As others have said, you are technically not allowed to carry on soda but most reports are that it isn't a problem. If you don't want to even try you can purchase sodas on an individual basis (if what you want is available onboard).

Enjoy your cruise.