Fantasy - cabin areas to steer clear of

Love PalmTrees

Hello!! This is my first time visiting the Disney board. I am doing some research for my DS and future DDIL for a cruise on the Fantasy. Are there any specific areas to steer clear of as far as choosing a veranda cabin for the two of them? I am thinking in terms of noise levels, obstructed views, high foot traffic, etc? We have cruised previously and I know the basics, such as what is below, above, down the hall, etc. Also, I can't figure out from the deck plan, if there is a multiple-deck atrium with any surrounding cabins on the higher decks. I know noise levels can be high in those cabins. So, looking for your help with some basic cabin choosing tips and experiences you may have had. Thanks so much to all my fellow Cruise Critic Members!! :)

Hello!! This is my first time visiting the Disney board. I am doing some research for my DS and future DDIL for a cruise on the Fantasy. Are there any specific areas to steer clear of as far as choosing a veranda cabin for the two of them? I am thinking in terms of noise levels, obstructed views, high foot traffic, etc? We have cruised previously and I know the basics, such as what is below, above, down the hall, etc. Also, I can't figure out from the deck plan, if there is a multiple-deck atrium with any surrounding cabins on the higher decks. I know noise levels can be high in those cabins. So, looking for your help with some basic cabin choosing tips and experiences you may have had. Thanks so much to all my fellow Cruise Critic Members!! :)

In my opinion, unless they've fixed whatever the problem was, rooms located in the aft of the Fantasy are subject to severe vibrations.

As to the "rooms between two decks of rooms" being quieter - we didn't find that to be true. Our room located under the starboard entrance to Cabanas was quieter than our room located between two decks of other rooms on our B2B cruise.

Yes, I'll give you that the noise issues were due to the guest noise (running in the halls at all hours, doors slamming, kids running laps around their connecting rooms/verandahs), but our deck 9 room was noisier than our deck 10 room.

How true. Happened to us on a cruise once where there was an extended family in multiple cabins surrounding us. They were banging on doors, screaming loudly (happy screaming), going cabin to cabin, etc. day and night. And I mean at 2-3 in the morning! But if you can at least keep in mind some of the potential noisy areas regardless of your neighbors, it is worth a try. Turns out we still enjoyed that cruise. We always do! Thanks so much!

Also, I can't figure out from the deck plan, if there is a multiple-deck atrium with any surrounding cabins on the higher decks. I know noise levels can be high in those cabins. So, looking for your help with some basic cabin choosing tips and experiences you may have had. Thanks so much to all my fellow Cruise Critic Members!! :)

No, there aren't any cabins that open to an atrium like that. The multiple-deck atrium is surrounded by public space. If noise level is a concern, I would try to get a cabin midway between two sets of elevators. I've had a cabin on the Dream that was just into the hallway off the elevator lobby. It was convenient, but it was a high traffic area.

For low traffic areas, we like 5 aft. Much of deck 5 is taken up with kid programming areas and the BV theatre, but there are short hallways with cabins at the aft area. These tend to be quite quiet and no one who doesn't have a cabin there has reason to be running the halls.

We like to be on a deck with cabins above and below. We like to be midship and convenient to elevators. We like to be Starboard.

We book 5Cs, deck 7 Starboard. Anywhere between say 7560 and 7584. Our upcoming Fantasy cruise is the third time on that ship in the same basic area.

I will let you know about vibrations in the aft cabins. I have a corner aft on deck 10 on the Dream about 30 days from now :D I suspect any vibration will happen while entering or leaving a port. I have stayed in aft cabins many times on RCI and vibrations weren't an issue....

The aft cabins on all the ships have some vibration with the thrusters are in use for docking. This lasts just a few minutes though and we've never found it to be a problem.

The vibration I'm talking about was during the whole cruise. It made the bed in our room feel like one of those cheap motel vibrating beds. Couldn't sit in bed (with head against the head board) and watch TV. And there were several water glasses that danced off the tables in Animator's Palate when we were there.

It was most apparent during the long (full day) cruising stretches when the speed of the ship was over 20 knots.

I will let you know about vibrations in the aft cabins. I have a corner aft on deck 10 on the Dream about 30 days from now :D I suspect any vibration will happen while entering or leaving a port. I have stayed in aft cabins many times on RCI and vibrations weren't an issue....

The Dream does not (did not?) have the vibration issue that's been reported on the Fantasy. Indeed, our Dream cruise there was no indication of any "extra" vibration.

The vibration on the Fantasy is unique to her. Hopefully, it something that can be fixed during her dry dock. If it wasn't fixed with the recent mechanical problem she had.

Thanks for all the great info!! I agree with being on a deck sandwiched between decks with cabins as well. I believe my DS and future DDIL are looking for a mid-ship cabin for motion sickness reasons. Decks 7 and 8 mid-ship appear to be good choices. (Personally, my husband and myself prefer the front of the ship. We once had a cabin in the rear area, but not actually an aft cabin. There was a constant low rumble and vibration throughout the entire cruise. However, this was an oceanview cabin on the second to lowest deck and that may be the real issue.) Thanks again!!:)

I've stayed in the aft on the Dream, and I did feel a very slight vibration while at sea. My partner couldn't feel it. My guess is if the Fantasy is moving faster between ports then it would be worse. I'm staying in the aft on the Dream again, but I would not choose that area on the Fantasy for this reason.

We did stay just below the pool deck on the Wonder and did hear some chair scraping noises early in the morning, but not enough to be a major problem.

Ont he Fantasy, cabin 5150 is the last one before the kids' clubs. Because of the hallway configuration, it has an extra outside wall, and on that wall is Pepe's door, part of the Detective Agency game. It has been roped off at times, but when it isn't, there are reports that kids like to knock on it at all hours.