The ever increasing popularity of river cruising

notamermaid

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Will 'she' have a companion, "The Lady"?  This could be a terrific solution to snoring, which I'm told affects many people 'of a certain age' – including, it is alleged by an ear-witness, moi!

That's good. :classic_biggrin: But I dare not think this further. Are they supposed to start at either end of the Rhine? And in low water the ship swap, "never the twain shall meet"? Or "brief encounter" at Marksburg castle?

Yes, a lady for the gentleman it should be, preferable I find happily rafting together in port where ever possible.

notamermaid

• Like 1

It would give the expression used by U.K. canal enthusiasts just a little more credence ‘breasting up’. 
Companies naming so far we seem to go for the realms of Norse Gods or Faye’s, European Royalty, Gems, so there must be more threads to be used.

Another theme is literary greats of Britain, as used by Riviera Travel. For the latests ship they have abandoned that.

In the past, Latin names have been used, also by excursion boats, like Filia Rheni in Bonn for example. The barges in contrast have all sorts of names on the Rhine, anything goes on my river, as regards that.

notamermaid