European Cruise Tours? - either N. Europe or Med

LadySadie1

I recently got a brochure from Princess for 2016 and 2017 cruises and they have a couple of cruise tours for the Mediterranean (that go through France or Italy) and N. Europe (that go through Germany and Austria) and was wondering if there were any other cruise lines that offer the same sort of thing? Or is there a regular tour operator that does this?

I know there's a bunch of Alaska cruise-tour operators but we're not interested in going there next time. Some searching found that NCL and X used to do this, but I didn't find anything current on their websites.

I suppose if someone were to really make a case for a river cruise, I would be willing to listen but part of what made these appealing is that they go to places the usual river cruises don't go to, like Berlin or Rome.

I see now that X calls them Explorations rather than cruise tours, which sort of renders searching for them impossible. They're more like what I was looking for than the ones HAL offers, which are like extended pre/post cruise stays.

We've done the independent travel thing and I just don't have the time to plan that sort of thing anymore.