Unique payment problem

Eva 51

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my op. Yes the TA is a American company. I paid my deposit with my Canadian credit card but now I want to pay final payment in US funds. TA exact words. Certified bank check that is drawn from US bank and is in US funds. I guess I'm ticked because I always believed that a certified check was as good as cash. Payment due May 30 I still do not want the credit card but may have NO choice

In Canada, a certified cheque is as good as cash, however, it has been proven that some certified cheques have turned out to be "fake or fraud" and once you send it to the U.S. they really do look at it as being "foreign":rolleyes:. Anyways, apply for and get that US charge card, you can then use it on your cruise as your credit card to give when boarding (or you can simply choose to use a Canadian charge card (if you are a person who collects points using a charge card). I do not keep my US charge card in my wallet on a daily basis, but have it tucked away somewhere safe at home, for the times that I go shopping in the US (we live near the US border) or when I'm travelling on an exotic cruise where US $$$'s are the preferred method of payment;). When getting that US charge card just ask for a lower limit (i.e. $3,000.00 or so). It really is the best way to go!

We also have a US dollars credit card, and a US dollars bank account.

We try to cruise once a year, and the idea of getting the account was when the exchange rate is good, (Like that has happened lately) we would convert some money and put it in the US account.

We pay all US travel expenses with the US card. (the card does have an annual fee, because it is a point card, but it is a small fee)

We bank at Royal Bank (RBC)

Happy Cruising!!!

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my op. Yes the TA is a American company. I paid my deposit with my Canadian credit card but now I want to pay final payment in US funds. TA exact words. Certified bank check that is drawn from US bank and is in US funds. I guess I'm ticked because I always believed that a certified check was as good as cash. Payment due May 30 I still do not want the credit card but may have NO choice

You can get canadian money orders drawn up in US funds and pay that way.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

If you are a Rogers customer in Canada, I would suggest you get the Rogers Platinum Master Card.

-$29 annual fee - waived for 1st year. (You will never have to pay an annual fee as long as your Rogers bill is set up as a pre-authorized payment on the card)

-Welcome bonus of $35.

-No foreign transactions fees.

-1.75% cash back redeemable towards Rogers branded stores or your monthly Rogers bill.

:)

We have a Canadian issued USA master card. It has become very handy. In Fort Lauderdale for example, most of the parking meters take credit cards, some only credit cards or phone. There are several banks that do not charge for the card. It is very convenient to have. T.D, Royal offer them

We have a Canadian issued USA master card. It has become very handy. In Fort Lauderdale for example, most of the parking meters take credit cards, some only credit cards or phone. There are several banks that do not charge for the card. It is very convenient to have. T.D, Royal offer them

I agree, and many others here have said the same thing. The problem seems to be that the OP doesn't want to take any of the advice given here, even though most of it is well advised and very helpful for others to consider. I doubt if there is a solution that would satisfy the OP but hope she can deal with it in her own way.

cheers and happy sails.