Australia Zoo

Sugarlift

My SO and I are going on P&O Pacific Jewel at the end of June, I'm looking up what there is to do in our ports (Mooloolaba, Gladstone & Moreton Island) and saw there is a shore excursion that can be booked through P&O for Australia Zoo - upon investigation it's only 30 minutes away from the port (Mooloolaba)...

Just wondering if the excursion is worth the $100 (for 6 hours) as that obviously covers the transportation and the cost of our entry into the zoo, or would we be better off getting our own way there- would there be private buses/excursions??

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we could see/do in the ports listed above?? Thanks! :D

Australia Zoo is ridiculously expensive whichever way you get there. To do it as a full day tour from Brisbane is $139 with AAT, so $100 from Mooloolabah is pretty reasonable (especially for a ships shore excursion).

for comparison http://www.aatkings.com/tours/crocodile-express-and-australia-zoo/

Thanks for that! I was leaning towards the ship tour because it did seem reasonable compared to some others that are being advertised for this particular cruise, plus the added security of the ship waiting should we be late back, will talk it over with the boyfriend and see what he thinks.

Thanks for that! I was leaning towards the ship tour because it did seem reasonable compared to some others that are being advertised for this particular cruise, plus the added security of the ship waiting should we be late back, will talk it over with the boyfriend and see what he thinks.

Definitely good idea to book ship's tour to Australia Zoo from Mooloolaba, because not all ships can get in to Mooloolaba. HAL's Amsterdam didn't get in recently.

Definitely good idea to book ship's tour to Australia Zoo from Mooloolaba, because not all ships can get in to Mooloolaba. HAL's Amsterdam didn't get in recently.

Oh really?? So if that were to happen with the Jewel and it couldn't get into port, would we be refunded for the tour?

I skipped it and many crew members went and all said the taxi's were high. one person said it was not worth it. but with kids i go.. i enjoyed swimming with the sharks and later the beach.

I skipped it and many crew members went and all said the taxi's were high. one person said it was not worth it. but with kids i go.. i enjoyed swimming with the sharks and later the beach.

Mooloolaba is a beautiful beachside suburb of the Sunshine Coast. It has a glorious long white sand beach, as well as a famous "loo with a view".

http://www.visitsunshinecoast.com/regions/mooloolaba-to-marcoola/places-to-visit/mooloolaba