Spirit Class Deck 4 Aft balcony question

PaCUfan

Hi all,

We just upgraded our cabin on the Pride to an aft facing balcony on deck 4. It's right in the middle of the line of cabins facing aft. Upon looking at pics online, it appears that there is a pretty large flag pole sticking up past the line of view. I'm wondering if anyone has ever stayed on deck four and noticed if the flag pole inhibits your view?

Thanks!

I have not specifically stayed on deck 4. We've been on 7 in the aft wraps, but from everything I recall the flag pole is based at deck 3 and projects aft. The only time the flag of the ship will be out is while in port, so I would highly doubt the pole would cause major impact to viewing.

I have not specifically stayed on deck 4. We've been on 7 in the aft wraps, but from everything I recall the flag pole is based at deck 3 and projects aft. The only time the flag of the ship will be out is while in port, so I would highly doubt the pole would cause major impact to viewing.

Great to hear! Thanks!

As stated above, the flag is presented only when in port, at sea it is taken down.

Spirit class deck 4 aft cabins are our favorite, stayed in one at least 10 times. Our first aft cabin was on the Pride back when it was on the west coast, a few years ago.....

Laundry room across hall on the port corner. Also an external stairwell right off the corners leading down to deck three. One flight of stairs down to the upper dining room, and elevators to aft lido right around the corner. And no hallway traffic. Balcony has a full overhang above and the most useable balcony space (railings are nearly vertical). If you like balcony time you should love your cabin selection.

As stated above, the flag is presented only when in port, at sea it is taken down.

Spirit class deck 4 aft cabins are our favorite, stayed in one at least 10 times. Our first aft cabin was on the Pride back when it was on the west coast, a few years ago.....

Laundry room across hall on the port corner. Also an external stairwell right off the corners leading down to deck three. One flight of stairs down to the upper dining room, and elevators to aft lido right around the corner. And no hallway traffic. Balcony has a full overhang above and the most useable balcony space (railings are nearly vertical). If you like balcony time you should love your cabin selection.

Good to know!

We booked a Vista aft wrap on deck 4. I was watching a youtube video that was filmed while the ship was at sea. The noise seemed pretty loud. The person filming did mention that the ship was at 19 knots so it wasn't always that loud, but I'm kinda concerned about it now. Any input?

We booked a Vista aft wrap on deck 4. I was watching a youtube video that was filmed while the ship was at sea. The noise seemed pretty loud. The person filming did mention that the ship was at 19 knots so it wasn't always that loud, but I'm kinda concerned about it now. Any input?

I do know the wake is pretty noisy, but I'm actually looking forward to that part!

I've stayed in VS (Aft Wrap) 4237 on Pride. My favourite cabin, ever (and that includes the Grand Suite on GotS)! I don't remember the flagpole at all, so it must not have been an issue.:o And yes, the wake was loud. But it was not a bad kind of noise, And the Suite and that balcony and that view were so worth it! We would have booked it again for our upcoming Pride cruise, but we have the kids with us this time and the VS don't hold four.:(

I've stayed in VS (Aft Wrap) 4237 on Pride. My favourite cabin, ever (and that includes the Grand Suite on GotS)! I don't remember the flagpole at all, so it must not have been an issue.:o And yes, the wake was loud. But it was not a bad kind of noise, And the Suite and that balcony and that view were so worth it! We would have booked it again for our upcoming Pride cruise, but we have the kids with us this time and the VS don't hold four.:(

Thank you Shaky!

Thank you Shaky!

You're welcome. Enjoy your Aft Wrap!:) (Though, now that I think about it, that's a pretty dumb thing to say - of course you'll enjoy your Aft Wrap - it's only the best cabin on the whole freakin' ship!:rolleyes::p:D)

The best cabins in the FLEET!!

As far as the prop wash, it's a "white noise". Very relaxing.

I don't find that difficult to believe, but don't have enough experience with the various upper-end cabins of the rest of the fleet to make that statement, myself.:)

Anyone know how they get the flag on and off the flagpole? Do they have to access your the Deck 4 cabin to do it? Sorry, if this is a stupid question but my brain keeps asking it and I'm trying to shut it up.

No, they handle it from deck three.

No, they handle it from deck three.

Lol! Of course! Thank you!

**See silly brain, why couldn't you figure that one out yourself?

On one of the videos I was watching, someone mentioned that on deck 4 in the hallway there's a secret door that has a stairwell that goes down to deck 3, and from there you can get to the dining room quicker. Have you guys ever used it? and if so, do you know if you can access the door on deck 3 to go back up to deck 4 or is the one on deck 3 locked?

Lol! Of course! Thank you!

**See silly brain, why couldn't you figure that one out yourself?

On one of the videos I was watching, someone mentioned that on deck 4 in the hallway there's a secret door that has a stairwell that goes down to deck 3, and from there you can get to the dining room quicker. Have you guys ever used it? and if so, do you know if you can access the door on deck 3 to go back up to deck 4 or is the one on deck 3 locked?

I've heard this too....would love to know!

Had 4230 on Miracle and 4232 on Pride. There's a long thread on this board about the vibrations in those aft cabins. Not a problem on Miracle; was awful on Pride. Love it back there but will never book another, on Pride at least.

The wake is quite loud but that wasn't something that bothered me. The shaking me awake over and over and over on our way back into port on the last night did bother me tremendously as I had a 6+ hour drive home the next day.

Not sure you could access the dining room from the back. Just walk to the public stairwell and down a deck. You're right there. You need to enter the MDR from the entrance, yes? Pretty sure the exterior doors by the MDR are emergency exits. You'd have to walk up to the atrium to enter from the exterior promenade. At least, that's how I remember it.

Love the Spirit class ships, though. I so much prefer the layout. It's one of the reasons I'm probably migrating to HAL or other lines that have ships with similar layouts.

Edited by NCTribeFan

Thank you for the info! We'll have to check it out for sure. We like to explore the ship and I heard that the crew use that stairwell. We've stayed many times in aft balcony cabins but never the ones all the aft. When you sit in the dining room you can feel the vibration too, but it's never really bothered us. Maybe different when your trying to sleep. I actually miss it when we have a mid ship cabin. I don't care for it to be so smooth.

Looking at the deck plans..there is a door which gives you access to the interior of the ship just forward of the deck 3 main dining room, but on the starboard side. If you have YTD, it is on deck 3 of the main dining room so this may work out well for a little side route.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure they're emergency exits. Maybe not, but I would check from the inside before trying to open from the exterior deck! Please do not set off any alarms! :p

This was not just vibrations. Like I said, it wasn't a problem in 4230 on Miracle (although there were vibrations). This was like someone coming up to me, while asleep, grabbing my shoulder and shaking me to wake up. Which I did over and over and over. I truly was concerned that I'd fall asleep behind the wheel on the drive home.

Granted, there were propulsion issues on Pride a few weeks before we sailed, so maybe the azipods were just out-of-balance somehow. And maybe she was sailing at a slower speed during the night up the bay which made it more noticeable.

But like I said, I won't book back there again despite loving the cabin, the view, and the wake. :(

I've only had 3 balcony cabins (cruise #27 coming up); 2 on Miracle and 1 on Pride and 2 of the 3 were the two afts. I just can't afford them typically. Happened to get a no-solo-supplement on Pride which is the only reason I was back there, so it was pretty disappointing to have that experience the last night.

Hope others don't experience this or are such heavy sleepers that they aren't bothered!

Yes, but I'm pretty sure they're emergency exits. Maybe not, but I would check from the inside before trying to open from the exterior deck! Please do not set off any alarms! :p

This was not just vibrations. Like I said, it wasn't a problem in 4230 on Miracle (although there were vibrations). This was like someone coming up to me, while asleep, grabbing my shoulder and shaking me to wake up. Which I did over and over and over. I truly was concerned that I'd fall asleep behind the wheel on the drive home.

Granted, there were propulsion issues on Pride a few weeks before we sailed, so maybe the azipods were just out-of-balance somehow. And maybe she was sailing at a slower speed during the night up the bay which made it more noticeable.

But like I said, I won't book back there again despite loving the cabin, the view, and the wake. :(

I've only had 3 balcony cabins (cruise #27 coming up); 2 on Miracle and 1 on Pride and 2 of the 3 were the two afts. I just can't afford them typically. Happened to get a no-solo-supplement on Pride which is the only reason I was back there, so it was pretty disappointing to have that experience the last night.

Hope others don't experience this or are such heavy sleepers that they aren't bothered!

Duly noted..and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to negate your experience with the shaking issues. We drive to port also and I agree not getting sleep before having to make that drive is definitely not safe. So sorry this happened to you. Also, we'll definitely make sure the door is not alarmed. Have a great weekend and thank you for your input!

We have been in aft wrap #8268 on almost all our spirit class cruises except one time it was booked on the Miracle so we were in 4237 (or whatever the # is, the aft wrap on that deck!) So we noticed the flag immediately because we were not used to seeing it, obviously, on deck 8. The ONLY drawback is that if you are taking pictures of the shore while you are at the pier, or the ocean when you are at sea, that flag and/or pole is right smack in the middle of the picture. :(:eek: You will LOVE that cabin and that balcony, tho!