New to Princess, info on Diamond Princess

frankie 57

ROCruiser,

Can you comment on Internet availability while in Japanese waters?

TIA

Internet surfing and email was very good using my Surface Pro and available every day. Not quite as good receiving emails on iPad or IPhone but surfacing the web was good.

On 04 August coo359a2 advised that "Just got off the Diamond today. We were in a mini suite on Dolphin deck."

In another CC thread a number of bloggers have been discussing the roll out of new Japanese-style toilets/bidets on Diamond Princess.

These new systems had apparently been installed in all suites, mini-suites, and toilets in some public areas by late 2015.

Are you able to advise if this roll out has now been completed, i.e. replacing older units throughout the ship, or are the new units still only installed in the areas I've listed above.

On 04 August coo359a2 advised that "Just got off the Diamond today. We were in a mini suite on Dolphin deck."

In another CC thread a number of bloggers have been discussing the roll out of new Japanese-style toilets/bidets on Diamond Princess.

These new systems had apparently been installed in all suites, mini-suites, and toilets in some public areas by late 2015.

Are you able to advise if this roll out has now been completed, i.e. replacing older units throughout the ship, or are the new units still only installed in the areas I've listed above.

Friends were in a balcony BD and they had the regular toilet. Looked at one aft balcony by an aft suite and it also had the regular toilet. Don't use the public toilets so don't know what type toilet was in those. Nothing was said about changing out all the toilets for the bidet style.

The "new"toilets seats are very small - no wider that than DH's hand put side to side. Nothing like our elongated toilet seats. English instructions are placed above the actual button panel on the wall. It was nice to have a warm seat. Flush button is on the wall the same as all others and it shows closing the lid before flushing. Also, has a little light on the lid that changes from red to green.

• 1 year later...

We had one of these infernal toilet seats last year on the Diamond Princess. A word with the stateroom attendant and within a few minutes the seat was removed by a maintenance man and a normal seat installed.

Panic over, peeps.