Just got back from Allure - a few thoughts

Great review. We loved Sabor and Mama Mia was fantastic! I have seen it in Las Vegas and Wash.DC before and the show on the ship was the best. I will be going with a group of 23 in Dec.,who have never sailed the Oasis class before, and they will def. be amazed. This will be our 4th Oasis class cruise and 14th cruise on RC. Hard to consider going back to smaller ship after trying these ships.

We also just got off Allure as well and should have gotten off earlier! We stayed on till around 10am because of a late flight and oh boy was that a mistake! Took almost 2 hours to get off and go through customs!!! It was sooo disorganized and stressful. Wish we had gotten off boat much earlier.

We also just got off Allure as well and should have gotten off earlier! We stayed on till around 10am because of a late flight and oh boy was that a mistake! Took almost 2 hours to get off and go through customs!!! It was sooo disorganized and stressful. Wish we had gotten off boat much earlier.

We left our cabin at 7:30am and were in a taxi by 8:05am. Flight wasn't until 1:45 pm but this gave us time to eat breakfast in Fort Lauderdale on the beach and to walk around the beach. Two hours to get off would've been stressful... Sorry you had to deal with it.

We have sailed on every RCCL class of ship. Loved them all and have always had a great time. However, once we sailed on Oasis and then again on Allure we were blown away. We have another Allure cruise booked for next year and cant wait. The review listed here hit it right on the head. Enjoy the ship but seven days will just not be enough.

Honestly we could have stayed on the ship and never gotten off in port (except for the Laberdee zip line) and been perfectly happy.

We have sailed on every RCCL class of ship. Loved them all and have always had a great time. However, once we sailed on Oasis and then again on Allure we were blown away. We have another Allure cruise booked for next year and cant wait. The review listed here hit it right on the head. Enjoy the ship but seven days will just not be enough.

Honestly we could have stayed on the ship and never gotten off in port (except for the Laberdee zip line) and been perfectly happy.

There is plenty for people to do on Oasis class ships....not everything I will actually do, although I do plenty....and when we sailed on Allure, we did the things we wanted to do over the 7 days....would I love to go on a longer cruise -- absolutely, but it is NOT because I could not do all the things I wanted to do, in one week....it is because I love to cruise.

We sail on Harmony in February 2017....this Oasis class ship has the waterslides, I will find plenty of time to go on them, even in a 7 day cruise....I still will want more time on board....but not because I did not have the time to do the things I wanted to do.

Thanks for your review.

Do you have any theme night info you can share? We'd like to participate, but they don't seem to share that info with you and I never know how people know what to pack for them... Thanks!

There's really only one true theme party. The white party in the solarium one of the nights before a sea day. And it's very mixed whether people even follow that. The 70s party is a royal staple but that is how the cruise staff dress. Not the passengers. At least very very few.

• 3 months later...

We just got back from a week on the Allure, the ship is marvelous but the service on the ship in a number of areas was poor, the service in the premium restaurants and the Coastal Kitchen and Johnny Rockets was great, but in the MDR and bars was severely lacking, they frequently ran out of towels at the pool, they are obviously not staffing areas as they should be, for example, they had 1 guy at the Hot Dog bar, he would serve you your hot dog and if you wanted to purchase a drink, he would need to stop and move to the other end of the booth to serve your drinks and ring them up while the rest of the huge line waited, the obvious staffing level should have had 2 servers in the booth, and the same thing in number of bars which only had 1 bartender so the wait was excessive.

Our cabin steward was excellent, no complaints there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...