Freedom Stateroom 1864 (Larger Panoramic Oceanview Deck 12)

We just booked this cabin for a June 2017 Med cruise and are excited! Can anyone who has sailed in it before tell me whether you can fit a rollaway bed in addition to the sofa bed? I'm trying to figure out whether our kids will need to share a bed or not.

Any other hints or info on this room is welcome, the pictures look pretty amazing! We sailed in a grand suite on Liberty last month, but this room looks almost as big (though without the balcony of course).

I can't answer the question about space, but curious, did you ask for a rollaway when making the reservation? How did the discussion occur? I've always looked for cabins that intentionally accommodated more people with the number of beds and hadn't considered a rollaway. Thanks.

I can't answer the question about space, but curious, did you ask for a rollaway when making the reservation? How did the discussion occur? I've always looked for cabins that intentionally accommodated more people with the number of beds and hadn't considered a rollaway. Thanks.

On our Liberty cruise, we were in a suite so I requested it from the concierge a few days before we boarded. I thought I would email special needs about it this time, or just ask our stateroom attendant when we are on board if special needs can't help (though that feels riskier as all of them may be taken). I will say it worked well as long as you didn't mind it being folded up in the corner during the day! My kids loved having their own beds and not needing to share.

I wasn't aware that cruiseships had rollaways.

I also thought that 1864 was for 3. I don't even know where they think a 4th should be. My son barely fit on the sofabed; not sure how it could have been shared! The few nights he wanted to have a little snuggle (he's a total sweetheart of an 11 year old, but he's 5'5" and about 114 lbs) that pretty much ended with me falling out of the bed LOL. Not a lot of room.

We are a looking at booking this cabin on the Freedom next year. It's funny that the deck plan shows that it's 173 sq. ft. but the booking page says 283. It also says that it sleeps 4. So, the sofa bed is not big enough to sleep 2 kids?

I wasn't aware that cruiseships had rollaways.

I also thought that 1864 was for 3. I don't even know where they think a 4th should be. My son barely fit on the sofabed; not sure how it could have been shared! The few nights he wanted to have a little snuggle (he's a total sweetheart of an 11 year old, but he's 5'5" and about 114 lbs) that pretty much ended with me falling out of the bed LOL. Not a lot of room.

We are a looking at booking this cabin on the Freedom next year. It's funny that the deck plan shows that it's 173 sq. ft. but :)the booking page says 283. It also says that it sleeps 4. So, the sofa bed is not big enough to sleep 2 kids?

Oh, the sofa bed is big enough, but my 12 year old girl and 9 year old boy (at the time of sailing) would just really prefer not to. :) It isn't a dealbreaker, I'm more just curious whether there is the floor space and whether I should bother making the request.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've got a little dilemma. We booked 1864 for our 2017 cruise. With the current sale, balconies are running about $100 cheaper. I really want this cabin but the lure of a balcony (and a cheaper one at that) is hard to resist. What would you do?

So, I've got a little dilemma. We booked 1864 for our 2017 cruise. With the current sale, balconies are running about $100 cheaper. I really want this cabin but the lure of a balcony (and a cheaper one at that) is hard to resist. What would you do?

I'd rather have the balcony.

i think with kids the more space is better so even though a balcony would be nice, i'd stick with 1864.

We had family of 5 and did the family panoramic [extra bath and bunk room]...I bought a cheap shower curtain [under $1] and some metal hooks and put by the master bed for changing. it worked well.

Edited by TnTWalter

Not the way they had it set up for my son!

There's got to be a different way they can make it up, because it was truly a narrow bed for our cruise.

They let you book 4 into this cabin though, so there has to be a way they can make it work, right?

I stayed in 1864 on freedom and it was way better than any balcony cabin I've stayed in. This was the nicest room I've been in and would book it again in a heart beat. Awesome split bedroom plan with the tv rotating to either the living room area/sofa bed or the bedroom area. Tons of room in this cabin and the views were truly spectacular. I would book this room again in a heartbeat!

1864 and 1814 are say 198 sq ft but they are really about 285 at least!

on some ships the revolving tv thing has been taken out or not installed

you can go to different cruise cabin web sites, you tube and other places to check out the postings made by cruisers on many cabins to see the exact cabin many times that you'll be in

on fos 1814 is accessible and that is the cabin we will have next week!

Thanks guys. We decided to keep it mainly because of the size. It is almost as big as a junior suite which is running about $500 more for our December 2017 sailing. Even without a balcony, this cabin is a great value.

We stayed in 1864 in September , it was awesome. I would rather stay in this room than a balcony. It is a BIG room and the view is fantastic with a lot of space! I will book this room again (if it's available) next time we cruise Freedom.

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier I stated that I would recommend a balcony, HOWEVER, I just got off freedom and stayed in 1854. Oh. My. God. Unreal. I looked inside at 1864 and it is very similar to 1854. So, I think I need to change my recommendation. Do the panoramic. The only thing I can think that might change my mind is that the view is not dead ahead like 1854. I got some great time lapse videos of sunrises and port arrival and docking with my GoPro. It was like I was captaining the ship. 759a556d3c583fe54c22ed08ab111e72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

we had the handicap room 1814 so its pretty much the same as 1814 and we had like 5 of those floor to ceiling picture windows!!!! woo woo! awesome room

would book it again in a second!

much much better than a normal balcony, though if you had a wrap around balcony like that.....

• 5 months later...

I could not recommend 1864 enough. We (family of 5) stayed in that cabin back in April of 2016.

1 and 1/2 baths

separate space with bunk beds

sofa sleeper

AMAZING VIEWS

Easy access to pool deck, spa / fitness center.

Plenty of storage and enough room to lounge (very large cabin)

I wrote a lengthy review once we got off the ship but can't seem to find a link to it now. Maybe Cruise Critic removes old reviews.

I could not recommend 1864 enough. We (family of 5) stayed in that cabin back in April of 2016.

1 and 1/2 baths

separate space with bunk beds

sofa sleeper

AMAZING VIEWS

Easy access to pool deck, spa / fitness center.

Plenty of storage and enough room to lounge (very large cabin)

I wrote a lengthy review once we got off the ship but can't seem to find a link to it now. Maybe Cruise Critic removes old reviews.

I apologize but we were in cabin 1804 ... not 1864.