sailing to Cuba

It will be so interesting to see what the fares will be on Empress when they open the bookings to Cuba tomorrow. Hope not as high as Carnival prices:eek:.

Sorry, my contact in the Crown and Anchor Department says that the Northeast Itineraries are opening up on 4/13.....no additional sailings to be booked yet for Empress on that day.

IF/When Royal has the ability to set sail to Cuba it will give the Marketing department an opportunity for PR and they will use it.....it won't be announced simply by being able to book the cruises.

Yes you've absolutely said way too much.

I was kind & polite in my assessment of sailing to Cuba. You... not so much. I at no time directed my comments to any particular poster, including you. Again, you not so much. If my comments regarding Cuba upset you, then toughen up or block me. Your call.

Essentially what Cuba is saying is: "ok, you left us and took citizenship from another country. Fine, we don't want you back"

We don't have to like it, we don't have to agree, but it is their country.

Carnival probably should have done more research into the entire process and been slower to announce sailings to Cuba. Unfortunately, corporations often times feel that jumping in quickly to a situation is best and then 'dealing with any fixes that need to be made is better'. Not always.

Agreed. They jumped the gun, IMHO.

Essentially what Cuba is saying is: "ok, you left us and took citizenship from another country. Fine, we don't want you back"

We don't have to like it, we don't have to agree, but it is their country.

Yes, BUT, these cruise lines are selling cruises that originate from a U.S. port. Consider this for a minute. If you were not allowed to buy any other service or product provided by a company, simply due to your country of birth, regardless of your citizenship, would that be fair? Can you imagine if this were extrapolated to race, or religion? I think that these cruise companies are a little ahead of the game here. There is much to be worked out before cruises to Cuba that originate from the U.S. become reality.

I completely agree. I think that this may be part of the problem that Carnival has been having in arranging Cuban sailings. The story has been all over Miami news media. The Cuban-Americans (disclaimer: I am half Cuban) are outraged about this discriminatory law in Cuba against Cuban born US citizens arriving by sea vessel.

It's an interesting law. They can fly in without any problem but not sail. Wonder what kind of damage that will do to the ferry lines planning to run back and forth all the time to Havana.

I'd imagine my Cuban born friends I know from my time living in Florida are offended that they can fly but not "sail" to Cuba.

Yes, BUT, these cruise lines are selling cruises that originate from a U.S. port. Consider this for a minute. If you were not allowed to buy any other service or product provided by a company, simply due to your country of birth, regardless of your citizenship, would that be fair? Can you imagine if this were extrapolated to race, or religion? I think that these cruise companies are a little ahead of the game here. There is much to be worked out before cruises to Cuba that originate from the U.S. become reality.

This.

• 3 weeks later...