Ontario Enhanced Drivers Licence

LemonNeko

My husband has an Ontario enhanced drivers licence but no passport. A number of cruise lines list this as acceptable but I want to see if someone has actually done this. We are looking at doing an East Coast cruise out of Bayonne.

Thanks

My husband has an Ontario enhanced drivers licence but no passport. A number of cruise lines list this as acceptable but I want to see if someone has actually done this. We are looking at doing an East Coast cruise out of Bayonne.

Thanks

This cruise would be fine. If it was to Alaska , Europe or Panama canal it won't work. If you have to fly the EDL won't work only works at land crossings .If you plan on traveling why not just get a passport .

This cruise would be fine. If it was to Alaska , Europe or Panama canal it won't work. If you have to fly the EDL won't work only works at land crossings .If you plan on traveling why not just get a passport .

The EDL is a WHTI approved form of ID, so for a Canadian citizen, this should be all that is needed for an Alaska cruise, unless flying as you stated.

My husband refuses to get a passport. My son and I both have ours. The last three vacations we went on involved airplanes so he didn't go. I'll try keeping to cruises that only involve Canada and the US so in the unfortunate case he misses the ship he's not going to have problems not having a passport.

My husband refuses to get a passport. My son and I both have ours. The last three vacations we went on involved airplanes so he didn't go. I'll try keeping to cruises that only involve Canada and the US so in the unfortunate case he misses the ship he's not going to have problems not having a passport.

Why does your husband not want to get a passport?

I can't figure out if laziness or stubbornness is the bigger factor. He says " There's too much paperwork. I don't want to do it."

If he was born in Canada. It only takes a few mintes to fill out the form. Get some official pictures and a couple of people to confirm his identity. It takes more time to get an the drivers license.