WDW or RC just outta curiosity

I live three hours from WDW and go on occasion but far prefer a cruise due to its "mostly inclusive" nature and options to relax. WDW is exciting if you're into Disney and rides but it is not relaxing in any way at all. I usually get home from WDW and feel she'll shocked.

Everyone says the cost of a DC, how does the food, customer service, food for adults. So let's say you take the price for a DC and in comparison to RC without having kids would you still choose RC and does DC offer the same magic as the theme park?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but a cruise would still win over disney world for me. We've never done a disney cruise, and never would because the expense doesn't make it a good value for us. My daughter has never been into disney characters, even when she was little, and since she and I usually travel alone, I don't put her in the kids programs, so disney cruises offer no value for us, especially when you consider how much more expensive it is to utilize features we don't care about.

As for a disney WORLD comparison to Royal cruises, they are very different vacations. Disney is for the atmosphere and experience of going, but is not relaxing at all. Cruises is for going to the beach and the fun of island hopping and maybe seeing some shows and watching a movie by the pool. My daughter had fun at Disney when she was 11, but she said she preferred universal studios because she saw Disney as a place to ride rides, which she thought were for babies, while universal's were not. The two vacations don't compare at all to me, so I'm not sure why the comparison is being made?

If it's due to cost, then in my experience, Disney with 1 adult and 1 child (who cost the same as an adult) cost me twice as much as going on a Royal cruise. But if my daughter just looooved Disney and wanted to go again, I'd pay for it and go. We had a good tjme and made good memories but we make great memories on every trip we take, Disney or no disney, it's not different for us.

Everyone says the cost of a DC, how does the food, customer service, food for adults. So let's say you take the price for a DC and in comparison to RC without having kids would you still choose RC and does DC offer the same magic as the theme park?

I have yet to go on my rcl cruise however I will say the service on a Disney cruise is not what it used to be. we are two adults so its not the character interactions that are important to me, its the service. the food is okay although their quick service outlets are limited and their buffet is not open in the evening. they change it over to a sit down service.

although rcl is yet to come I do believe, from all I have heard, that I would choose rc over dcl.

Dcl does not have the same magic as the theme park, it is a totally different animal. expect totally different things.

expect to pay double or triple the cost of a rcl cruise. that is what has turned us away.

We find Disney to be a waste of money. Kids love it but we were board. Everything tend to be geared toward kids. By 9 nothing was happening. I can take a 2 week cruise on oasis for the price of a 7 night on Disney.

OP is asking about a Disney World vacation as opposed to an RCI cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Entertainment on a cruise involves leaving your cabin about 5 minutes before the show and sliding into a plush seat with the likely bonus of a waiter coming by to offer to bring you something fun and fruity to drink. QUOTE]

You had me convinced right up to the entertainment point! I'd love to sail on any ship where I could leave my cabin 5 minutes before the show and slide into s seat for me and one next to me for DH. And I would really love a fruity drink. Nowadays it seems like standing on your head or shooting off a rocket is the only way to get a server's attention at a show.

I think my DW booked the Grandeur for next year for a panoramic OV and I think it was just between 3500-4000 CDN. I think with Star Wars land coming out its enticing me even more.

My grandparents used to live in Orlando, so when the grandkids went to visit for the summer, that was our customary stop.

It's been years since I've been there and I have no desire to go back. It definitely is a magical place, but I've have enough visits to last me a lifetime.

As others have said, a cruise gives me the option for fun but a lot of relaxation. I can't count the number of times I've fell asleep on my balcony to the sounds of the ocean. Also, I prefer any vacation where I'm on the water, so cruising definitely wins at this point in my life.

Not even a close call. Cruising wins. I have been to WDW enough times to know I don't want to go back. Last time we were there, as we walked the theme parks, most of the people looked grimly determined to be amused. Definitely not magical IMO.

Don't get me wrong I love cruising, we're going on this cruise next year, my DW is at a point where she is sick of the Caribbean and I guess the point of this topic is when you have to decide between two things you love, I guess for me was last year when my niece and nephew were with us for a day at the magic kingdom buying my nephew a Mickey Mouse ears for both of us with our names on it and my niece a balloon and all of us staying for the fireworks in front of the castle and since we're not having kids to take to WDW I guess that's what I miss the most is those special moments I hope I make sense.

there's a board dedicated to all thinks WDW called disboards.

The key to not waiting in lines is research just like on here.

My husband hated the crowds in port on our cruise...I said but we go to WDW and he said it's not the same. LOL.

We also spent much less at WDW than our cruise.... for a family of 5.

I would do either.

I did 2 onsite visits and 2 offsite visits. All were wonderful. The most crowded was Easter week I don't recall any long waits. They have this system called fastpass which is wonderful. Although, back when we went it was more wonderful [it's a little tighter on the times to arrive nowadays].

Depends on your kids' interests and ages. There are also many shows, etc. throughout all parks.

We alternate between Disney World and cruising each year with our kids. Even though they are now 19 and 21, they, as well as my wife and I , still enjoy both. What is funny is that when we are planning Disney trips, we are thinking about another cruise and vice versa.

Don't get me wrong I love cruising, we're going on this cruise next year, my DW is at a point where she is sick of the Caribbean and I guess the point of this topic is when you have to decide between two things you love, I guess for me was last year when my niece and nephew were with us for a day at the magic kingdom buying my nephew a Mickey Mouse ears for both of us with our names on it and my niece a balloon and all of us staying for the fireworks in front of the castle and since we're not having kids to take to WDW I guess that's what I miss the most is those special moments I hope I make sense.

It does only time I really missed my nephews was magic kingdom FaceTime them from Main Street and there faces when they saw the castle was priceless there saving to go if things weren't so bad in Paris we'd go to Paris but my sis is planning a trip for 3 years time to Orlando