Oasis W category Suite

We just booked the W category for a suite guarantee on Oasis. It's an anniversary surprise for my husband.

I'll be happy with any suite, but I'm wondering when others have received their room assignments. Is it truly at the port?

Also, what's the earliest we can make restaurant and entertainment reservations? We leave October 8, 2016. Nothing is open to book online yet.

Thank you for your assistance.

We just booked the W category for a suite guarantee on Oasis. It's an anniversary surprise for my husband.

I'll be happy with any suite, but I'm wondering when others have received their room assignments. Is it truly at the port?

Also, what's the earliest we can make restaurant and entertainment reservations? We leave October 8, 2016. Nothing is open to book online yet.

While your stateroom assignment could indeed come as late as the day you sail, you will most likely get assigned a JS stateroom before that.

No set time for reservations to open, just keep checking your Cruise Planner.

While your stateroom assignment could indeed come as late as the day you sail, you will most likely get assigned a JS stateroom before that.

No set time for reservations to open, just keep checking your Cruise Planner.

Thank you!

For our upcoming Liberty cruise we also booked a "W" category. We received a JS cabin assignment within 24 hours. We did not like that it was a connecting cabin so I called and they moved us to a non-connecting mid-ship location.

On Allure last November we upgraded from a D3 to a W about 10 days prior to sailing. There were no JS cabins available to book online, only GS and W. We ended up getting the available GS and LOVED it. Probably will never happen again :-) Cabin was assigned in 2 or 3 days after upgrading.

On Allure last November we upgraded from a D3 to a W about 10 days prior to sailing. There were no JS cabins available to book online, only GS and W. We ended up getting the available GS and LOVED it. Probably will never happen again :-) Cabin was assigned in 2 or 3 days after upgrading.

Was it a free upgrade or an upsell? I booked a D1 on my Oasis sailing and would love to get upgraded to a suite.

Was it a free upgrade or an upsell? I booked a D1 on my Oasis sailing and would love to get upgraded to a suite.

You can't upgrade to a category guarantee without initiating it yourself and paying for it unless of course the guarantee price comes down to what you already paid.

Edited by Big_G

Our "w" ended up being a JS hump on the allure. It was previously occupied by a pinnacle member that was upgraded to a GS. We meet them since we got their mail all week. With them being pinnacle they got lots of perks, that after talking to CA person extended to us as we are only emerald. Ended up with a bridge tour, dinner with the captain and nightly treats sent to our room. the JS on the hump is very very nice.

Our "w" ended up being a JS hump on the allure. It was previously occupied by a pinnacle member that was upgraded to a GS. We meet them since we got their mail all week. With them being pinnacle they got lots of perks, that after talking to CA person extended to us as we are only emerald. Ended up with a bridge tour, dinner with the captain and nightly treats sent to our room. the JS on the hump is very very nice.

Congrats! Sounds like a great room and some freebies :-)

We paid for the difference between our D5 and the W. It was about $600pp additional, but the GS was about $2,500 more pp as I recall. As I understand it Royal generally upgrades Pinnacles first, then D+, then D, and so on.

• 4 months later...