Snorkeling At Sky Reef Beach

Raxter54

We are sailing on the Freedom next February, and our first stop is Cozumel. Our previous two trips there we made reservations at Nachi Cocom, and really enjoyed it. Really appreciated the 100 person limit, made it a very relaxing time. I've taken their snorkeling excursion before, and was a little disappointed. At the two places they took us the reef was fairly deep and not easy to swim down to. Guess I've been spoiled by snorkeling at Tabyana Beach...

I was wondering if anyone has gone to Sky Reef Beach in Cozumel. The main attraction that I can see there is reef snorkeling from the beach. Has anyone gone there and have an opinion on the place? Thanks in advance for any input you might have...

I'm not familiar with that beach, but can suggest The Money Bar for great snorkeling from the shore. No beach, you enter the water via steps. Rental gear and guides available if you need them. No admission fee and good food/drinks/service & facilities. About a $10 taxi ride form the piers.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

There is no beach -- if you want to spend some beach time we have hit the Money Bar for an hour or two and then taxied to Paradise Beach for the rest of the day. Good luck!

If you put "Sky reef" in the search engine of thus forum you will find one or two reviews. I have only called in for a drink to check the place out so I cannot comment on the snorkeling, but it looked like a similar set-up to Money Bar - no real beach but loungers on a sandy area.

It was recently reported that some cruise lines had started excursions there.

Thank you alll for the information. I'm needing an excursion that will have snorkeling for me and beach time for Dw, so we'll probably hit Nachi Cocom again. Maybe their snorkeling excursion will hit a different part of the reef this time :-)