Bermuda for three days with a 3 year old

KellyABelly

Hi all, we will be in Bermuda next Wednesday (arrive around 8am) through Friday (leave at 3pm) on the breakaway. I've been reading on the board a lot, but just wanted to see if my plans sound good or if a certain order makes sense, any food options, etc. Any help is appreciated.

We would like to do a glass bottom boat tour one of the days and I did see there is one that leaves from Royal Naval Dockyard.

We do want to try harbor night on the first Wednesday (May 4).

Horseshoe Bay beach looks nice, would like to do a beach day there.

Would like to tour St George and hop on and off the trolley. Not sure if there is a good lunch place that is kid friendly. I think there is an unfinished church here?

I think we'd like BAMZ, and I know there is a Shelly Beach near there with a playground? Anyone been?

We'd like to spend time at the dockyard and go to the museum and watch the Dolphins, let my son run around at the playground and maybe go to the Frog and Onion.

Does this sound like too much for three days? I'd like to try the Swizzle Inn but not sure what it's close to as we run around. 7 days and counting until we leave :-)

It has been reported that the hop on hop off shuttle in St. George is not running this year.

A 3 year old will probably enjoy BAMZ. I think there was a playground there, but don't recall.

The Swizzle Inn is near the caves, but a 3 year old might not enjoy that.

My advice, don't try to shove everything in. Just take it easy.

Horseshoe Bay Beach is beautiful but it will not be very warm for swimming yet. Remember, Bermuda is opposite North Carolina and not in the Caribbean so the water doesn't warm up until the middle to the end of June. An entire day at the beach may be too much time.

There is a Zoo and Aquarium that your 3 year old might enjoy near St. George side of the island. I would avoid the Caves. They may be too intense for such a young one.

The Unfinished Church is in St. George and so is St. Peter's which is the oldest operating church in the Western Hemisphere. Very interesting to go into and walk around.

There are several small delis in St George that would have food that would interest a 3 year old. They are all along the streets and most have menus on display in the windows. Make sure you do St. George on one of the full days in Bermuda. It is not a good idea to head all the way to St. George on the day your ship leaves. Traffic and full buses and ferries make it hard to get back sometimes.

On day 1, do a stop at Horseshoe Bay Beach and maybe up the South Shore Road a bit to Gibbs lighthouse. The view is great even if you don't climb the lighthouse. There is also a Swizzle Inn near Gibbs lighthouse that you could try if you want to. You could go into Hamilton by Ferry and check out Fort Hamilton, which is has been changed into a garden with lots of area for a 3 year old boy to expel some energy. In the evening, you could hit the Harbor Night Celebration. I am not sure when the Harbor Nights starts though so make sure it is happening before you plan on staying in Hamilton. On Day 2 you could head for St. George and check out the Unfinished Church, St. Peter's Church and head out to see the Zoo and Aquarium. They have a skit in the Town Square at noon that all of you would love. They put the Town Gossip in the Harbor for spreading gossip around town. On the third day, you could book your Glass Bottom Boat ride and check out the Dockyard area and the Museum, staying close to the ship on the day of departure.

Make sure you check out the thread about the changes in the Transportation passes at the Dockyard. It would probably make sense for you to pay $5 per adult to get to Hamilton on Wednesday and then head to the Bus Station and purchase a book of 14 zone bus tickets for $37.50. It takes one ticket per person per ride on a bus or ferry. The tickets are the most economical way to use the public transportation. Read that thread and get a lot of information for getting around Bermuda.