No New York To Port Everglades?

Friscoonetwo

DW and I decided that we wanted to do Oct 11 day cruise out of New York for Port Everglades with port stops in the Southern Caribbean. But alas it appears that it is not on the schedule for Oct 2017. Can find nothing out of New York other than to New England and Canada. Yes I am aware that there is on in Oct 2016 but we are not able to make that one.

It will very likely be released when the 2017-18 Caribbean cruises are. It did not open for booking when the 2017 Canada/New England sailings did as it is considered the first cruise of the Caribbean season. Regal Princess has a five day round-trip New York on October 21, so expect the repo cruise to Ft Lauderdale to sail on October 26.

My educated guess is that they haven't released the schedule for that sailing.

Princess has been doing one of these reposititioning cruises from New York to Ft. Lauderdale for a few years now, so I would expect them to continue with this scheduling.

Both the Regal and Crown are doing a few Canada/New England sailings from New York after their TAs. However, neither of those two ships have dates scheduled beyond those.

If I were to be a betting man, based on prior obervations, I would wager that the Regal will be doing a 10-day repositioning from NYC to FL on Thurs. Oct. 26th. Just be patient, I'm sure they will be releasing the schedule in the near future.

A word of advice...Unless one has a strong preference for cabin selection, I wouldn't be in such a hurry to book, as I've seen these particular repositioning cruises often go down in price to as low as (starting @) $499 after final payment date.

EDIT: I see that fishywood beat me to the punch :)

Edited by Skai

Both the Regal and Crown are doing a few Canada/New England sailings from New York after their TAs. However, neither of those two ships have dates scheduled beyond those.

Crown Princess' repo cruise Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale on October 25, 2017 is open for booking. Which does make the absence of the contemporaneous New York-Ft Lauderdale sailing seem even odder until considering Princess' odd categorizations.

And I agree that these cruises rarely sail full and patience in booking may well pay off. In 2013 I was going to book the Quebec City-Ft Lauderdale which at its last minute discount price--until I found a Montreal-Ft Laudedale on HAL for even less.

Crown Princess' repo cruise Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale on October 25, 2017 is open for booking.

Missed that one...

Through deduction, I would be secure in stating that whatever remains must be the truth. The Regal it is.

Would that cruise be permitted under the Jones Act or PVSA or whatever it is?

Yes, by travelling to the ABC islands(often Aruba) -- they qualify as distant port(s) of call. Cartagena(or an alternate stop in Colombia) would also satisfy the PVSA requirements -- as South America is considered a distant port of call.

Of note, the rest of the Caribbean and Central America does not satisfy the requirements.

Edited by Skai

Yes, by travelling to the ABC islands(often Aruba) -- they qualify as distant port(s) of call. Cartagena(or an alternate stop in Colombia) would also satisfy the PVSA requirements -- as South America is considered a distant port of call.

Of note, the rest of the Caribbean and Central America does not satisfy the requirements.

Thanks I thought the whole Caribbean was out, worth remembering.

The cruise is on the books as sailing on October 26, 2017. It will show up on the Princess website etc. During the Mothers day sail in a cpl weeks-if not sooner. It's the Regal again and the same ports as this years. This cruise has an amazing following--this will be my 6th year in a row for this sailing. Also Princess is committed to filming the onboard Cruise Critic group during the week for an addition to its Reflections DVD. Halloween party is Amazing.

DW and I decided that we wanted to do Oct 11 day cruise out of New York for Port Everglades with port stops in the Southern Caribbean. But alas it appears that it is not on the schedule for Oct 2017. Can find nothing out of New York other than to New England and Canada. Yes I am aware that there is on in Oct 2016 but we are not able to make that one.

Maybe the schedule is forthcoming.

We used to do this route before till change it to NY to Houston. With Princess not using Houston anymore, maybe it will be back to FLL from NY.

Maybe the schedule is forthcoming.

We used to do this route before till change it to NY to Houston. With Princess not using Houston anymore, maybe it will be back to FLL from NY.

According to my stack of Cruise Atlases, the only year the ex-New York fall repo cruise went to Galveston rather than Ft Lauderdale was 2013. Last year it was the Quebec City departure that relocated to Houston for one final season. This October has Regal Princess sailing New York-Ft Lauderdale just as last and presumably again in 2017 which is what the OP is hoping for.

There is NO EX sailing NY o FLL:eek: This cruise sails every year....we sailed to Houston in 2011 ONLY. There is a group of Cruse Critic members from all over the world who meet yearly on this very cruise. Our name is the 'RETREATERS'

Princess made a cruise long video of the activities organized by the Cruice Critic group such as Meet & Greet, Slot Pull, Beach Excursions, Dinners, Halloween Party. It was shown in the Princess Live Studio and included in the ships Reflections DVD. On YouTube the title is...

'Regal Princess October 2015 Halloween Cruise'

Princess has committed to a video for this year also. Take a look....its very nice.

The 2017 cruise is already listed with some booking sites for October 26, 2017. This cruise is a yearly tradition for many cruisers.

Edited by blkspy

Thanks for all the replies. I will just have to be patient and see what develops. Did look at the Quebec to Port Everglades but it did not fit our schedule.

Hi, the cruise is scheduled :) take a look at the Princess video on YouTube when you have time. Hope to see you onbard:)

Edited by blkspy