Dining Package - What am I missing??

eselby

I purchased the Dining & Drinking package for our vacation.

The terms of the package say, "The Ultimate Dining Package is honored in all specialty restaurants with the exception of Ocean Blue, a la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based dining, mini bar and room service."

While making reservations for our 4 meals I see that only Moderno and Teppanyaki fit the terms. Le Bistro, Cagney, La Cucina are all a la carte. Ocean Blue is an $18 charge.

Surely this can't be right. I mean, I don't mind more than one night at Moderno (low-carb diets are not in trouble there!), but a big old medium rare porterhouse would be good, too.

I purchased the Dining & Drinking package for our vacation.

The terms of the package say, "The Ultimate Dining Package is honored in all specialty restaurants with the exception of Ocean Blue, a la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based dining, mini bar and room service."

While making reservations for our 4 meals I see that only Moderno and Teppanyaki fit the terms. Le Bistro, Cagney, La Cucina are all a la carte. Ocean Blue is an $18 charge.

Surely this can't be right. I mean, I don't mind more than one night at Moderno (low-carb diets are not in trouble there!), but a big old medium rare porterhouse would be good, too.

I don't know if you have the true Ultimate Dining Package, as it was replaced by the new SDP, Specialty Dining Package some time ago. If you recently bought it, then it is the SDP and you can look for those terms and conditions. When you buy the SDP, NCL uses the code UDP further confusing people.

If this is truly an old UDP, it will follow the new terms of the SDP except that it will be good for all 7 nights of the cruise and has no limit on number of visits. The entertainment dining, the dinner shows, have a $15 upcharge plus 18%, in addition to the package price, Ocean Blue, the same, sushi places, $7 upcharge. Everywhere else is covered by the package with no additional fees. You paid the 18% as part of the package price.

Hi,

Here is a breakdown of the SDP... I have also included the link that contains the T&Cs. Please make sure to read that carefully since there are things in there that may change your plans (for example, the Seafood Extravaganza at Ocean Blue is exempt from the SDP):

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

Specialty dining packages are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki and our French and Italian restaurants across the fleet, as well as Margaritaville on board Norwegian Escape. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

The Supper Club - $15

Ocean Blue - $15

Bayamo - $15

Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway

Sushi -$7

Raw Bar - $7 (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived)

Pincho Tapas Bar - $7

Edited by esm54687

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if there are any limitations to what can be ordered with the dining package? If we dine in Cagneys does it include any of the sides, can you do two appetizers for instance? I know it says a charge for additional entree's, but I often like two appetizers, and many times don't do the deserts.

Just wanted to check as our last cruise didn't have the ala carte pricing. Trying to see what might be the better way to go. So far I am coming up with the package being a little better, if we can still order two of something.

Can anyone tell me if there are any limitations to what can be ordered with the dining package? If we dine in Cagneys does it include any of the sides, can you do two appetizers for instance? I know it says a charge for additional entree's, but I often like two appetizers, and many times don't do the deserts.

Just wanted to check as our last cruise didn't have the ala carte pricing. Trying to see what might be the better way to go. So far I am coming up with the package being a little better, if we can still order two of something.

Unlimited Appetizers, sides and deserts and 1 entree for Cagneys. If you want an additional entree, its $10.

Edited by Liljo22