Carnival Glory vs. NCL Getaway

Westbeachers

We are looking to travel as a family of 4 - two girls 14 and 11. The Glory is quite a bit cheaper. Has anyone travelled on both and can provide feedback as to whether the extra price for NCL is worth it?

Thanks you...

Over the years, we have sailed the Glory four times (and enjoyed each sailing very much.) Last November, we sailed the Getaway which was the first NCL ship for us since 1996 and we had a fantastic experience! (We actually purchased 4 NCL future cruise certificates while on board during the last evening of our sailing.)

Assuming that the NCL price does not "break the bank," I would choose the Getaway over the Glory.

We've done 2 cruises. One on the Carnival Pride and the most recent on on the NCL Breakaway. My 11 year old son loved the Breakaway and we all had a great time. But, I preferred our Carnival experience. Cruise #3 is going to be Carnival.

One thing I would compare between the 2 are the age groupings and descriptions for each kid's club. I think NCL groups all the teens together from 13 all the way to 18 where Carnival has younger teen and older teen groups.

Either way you'll likely have a blast. Are the ports/times for the two ships the same? That would be another deciding factor for me.

We cruised for 3 weeks on the Glory this past Jan and to be honest that is what made us switch to NCL. We have not sailed on NCL in 10 years but the entertainment on the Glory was so non existent that we decided to try NCL again, which from the reviews looks awesome!

We are not looking to book with Carnival again anytime soon, looking at Celebrity, NCL and MSC instead that is how disappointed we were with our 21 day cruise and we have over 18 cruises with Carnival.