Welcome Reception (Reposted Correctly) ;)

They seem to offer good perks...wasn't this your first cruise? Sounds like you've used them for other travel -- I think we will be doing the same! They have been very easy to work wth so far. I think our OBC was a bit higher at one point but there was a price drop; lost some OBC and I think they did charge a small fee but we still saved over $150 for our efforts. They were very accommodating about checking prices and making sure I was clear on changes.

And how awesome that you got extra OBC!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was our first cruise on Royal Caribbean. We have taken several other cruises on HAL & Princess. We've also used this travel agent for land travel such as Las Vegas, Disney, etc. It's definitely worth checking with this TA and compare prices with other TAs.

For the welcome reception did you have to present anything to prove you belong there. Also how long did the free drinks flow? We are diamond member and the Diamond club is up there also and I could see Diamond people crowding in before their free happy hour starts. I'm on the Thanksgiving cruise so it is usually packed with Diamond members.

You have a sheet in your stateroom that has little coupons on it, one was for the reception. The hostess asked what you were there for also. If you said Diamond club she directed them to the Diamond club. I gave her my coupon, but she didn't ask.

I've never heard of a private welcome aboard reception. But then again, I've only booked a Grand Suite once on Jewel 4 years ago and there was only a Suite guest cocktail party held one night on a sea day (day 5 I believe). What ship and what cabin category did you book?

I assume that these are private receptions given by the respective TA. When we sailed on Oasis this past Easter, there were different receptions, by region, by AAA. I used to see them when getting on the elevators.

Ps. I know that I'm not supposed to mention TA s, but needed to get the basis for my response.

Galley tour on the last sea day. It included Mimosas , Champagne, lunch including a huge buffet of appetizers. Huge bowls of shrimp cocktail and cheese. Entree was off small menu but did include an excellent filet mignon. Cost for this was $35. I'm attaching a picture of the shrimp cocktails prepared in the galley.

Wow...thanks for the info! My husband wanted to do a behind the scenes tour but I think they are very expensive...this looks like fun!

So bummed to hear about Chops! Reviews seem to be all over the place...I was hoping to do Giovanni's but the hubby has his heart set on steak. What was wrong with the food and service?

Glad to hear your cruise was a good one overall!!!

You can get a nice steak at Giovanni's. Look up their menu.

For the welcome reception did you have to present anything to prove you belong there. Also how long did the free drinks flow? We are diamond member and the Diamond club is up there also and I could see Diamond people crowding in before their free happy hour starts. I'm on the Thanksgiving cruise so it is usually packed with Diamond members.

You'll get your invite in your cabin.

You have a sheet in your stateroom that has little coupons on it, one was for the reception. The hostess asked what you were there for also. If you said Diamond club she directed them to the Diamond club. I gave her my coupon, but she didn't ask.

Thanks for the info. Did you happen to notice if they were still offering the 10 drink card in the middle of the week?

Thanks for the info. Did you happen to notice if they were still offering the 10 drink card in the middle of the week?

I didn't think they did, and I just looked at the cruise compass's and totally no mention of it.